Butterflies and Snowflakes

"Niiihaaariikaaa, how much more do you need? It's already 8:45, we are supposed to be there by 9, you know!" shouted Ranvijay from the living room at the top of his voice.

"You were supposed to tell me about this atleast a day earlier, not like 2 hours before the actual party, you know!" yelled back Niharika.

Ranvijay had to attend a party of his special client, which Mr. Forever Forgetful forgot to tell Niharika, hence she was running back and forth choosing her dress and getting ready at the last moment.

"What is there to tell a day earlier atleast?"

"Thank God that I haven't smashed your head right away when you told me to get ready with in an hour for a party and dress nicely coz it's a special client," Niharika quipped back mimicking the deeper voice of Ranvijay for the last part, " We women have atleast a thousand types of attires and accessories, suitable for a different and particular type of occasion, Jeez!"
Niharika was still trying to correctly apply her winged eye liner, the adamant one not cooperating to match the first one, hence the struggle. "It's easier for you men, just wear a suit to any occasion and boom you are gracious!"

"Why? Are you jealous?" Ranvijay deliberately poked trying to annoy her. This is his newfound happiness, that he gets after annoying Niharika.

But, soon his words were lost, as he looked at Niharika walking out of the room, just like her nephew calls her. Pari, like an angel. She was wearing a Matt wine red colour full body gown, with a simple chain and two beautifully carved diamond and rose gold ear cuffs. Her hair was in a beautiful bun with strands of locks adorning her face.

Her face was elegant, with the slightest make up, winged eyeliner and a nude lipstick.

"Can you please put my phone in your pocket? Thanks to you, I have no purse suited for this outing", Niharika rolled her eyes.

This was enough to bring Ranvijay out of his shock. Niharika barely dolls her up, and when she does mostly it's in sarees or a traditional attire. This was his first time seeing her in some sort of western outfit.

When Ranvijay was about to put her phone in his pocket, "Wait a minute, you sure you are ready?" Niharika asked, to which he replied, "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Your head", sassed Niharika and went back to the room. "Not again Niahrika, we are already late!" whined Ranvijay.

"Shut up,"she came back with her hair setting spray and comb, a bit more beautiful golden watch, and a white and blue tie, to match with his navy blue suit.

She made him wear his watch and, knotted his tie for him. All the while, he kept admiring his wife doing things for him. It would be a sin to curse his forgetful behavior, because there  was this tiny chance that he might had, might had intentionally forgotten his tie, so that she comes with it to him.

But to his surprise, she brought his watch and a comb too.

"Aye, Mr. Sky High, sit on the sofa! No need to make a joke on my height." Ranvijay was about to joke about her height for not being able to reach upto his head, but Niharika shut him up before that knowing what will come ahead. Niharika reached upto the chin of Ranvijay.

Ranvijay sat down on the couch, while Niharika styled his hair with her spray,  a slightly slicked back look with a side partition, a few strands falling on his forehead.

"Ufh, I might forget Hrithik Roshan at this point," Niharika said dramatically after looking at Ranvijay.

Ranvijay got flustered and pushed her back getting ready to wear his shoes. But, Niharika didn't miss the radiant glint and an adorable smile curving up his lips. She knew, he liked it when she complimented her.