I got You

Ranvijay woke up to a Niharika cuddled to his side.

Ranvijay POV.

I have never seen her so broken, she was trying hard to not show her weakness, but I can read her like an open book.

It was so hard to see her, wallowing like a baby, clinging to me. Oh how happy I was to have her cling to me, at her worst! I know I can be cold, sorry, I am cold, but that's because I forgot what warmth is.

I wish, I can be her shelter like this, for my entire lifetime. She is still sleeping on my arm. Her eyes puffed a bit, her whole face flushed, the afterglow on her face after crying, made her look even cuter. What kind of sorcery is this?

The whole room is literally dark, just how she likes to sleep, still I can clearly see her, seeing her in this light and dark made me fall in love with her even more.

Last night, she proved that she is every bit of human, not just an angel, descending from heaven to grace my life, and save me from miseries. She proved that she needed me, as much as I need her. Someone needs me, craves me, loves me- what more do I need to be content with life?

She was still sleeping. I should do something for her, she always makes me breakfast for her today.

But what will I do? I literally burn down the kitchen while cooking! God, why didn't I learn cooking! I feel like ripping my hair off.

Right, Prajakta di. I should call her. But she is angry on me.

No, no. You can't stop Ranvijay. She is elder than you and she has all rights to be angry on you. You were at fault, now be a man and be a good husband.

Author POV.
Ranvijay called Prajakta.
(Ranvijay)                                   (Prajakta)
"Hello, Prajakta di."

"Why are you calling this early? "

"Umm, di, I need a help."

"What is it? "

"Um., I wanted to make something for breakfast for her, I don't know, what she will like, I mean, I am not a good cook too. Can you help?"

"What you want me to do? Cook?"

A bit of harshness was still there.

"No no no, no.. di, just suggest me something I can make without burning the kitchen down. She is a bit upset from yesterday, so I "

"Wait, why is she upset? What did you do again?"

"She went to her parent's, yesterday, they scolded her uselessly, for buying a new flat."

"Ugh, okay. Umm. You can either go for cheese maggie, or cheese sandwich. "

"Okay, how can I do that?"

Her tone was softer now.

"Um, check the fridge, what you have
and tell me."

"Um, we have a cauliflower, paneer, milk, capsicum, beans, chicken,.."

"Oye, stop. Oh my god, wait. Check if you have bread, cheese, capsicum and onion."

He rummaged the kitchen, confirming the ingredients and he started cooking according to her instructions.

After a prolonged battle of half an hour and on the cost of 2 burnt sandwiches, he was able to make four perfect sandwiches and two mugs of coffee.