That time of the month

Ranvijay POV
I woke up from sleep, not feeling the usual weight of Niharika on me, “What time is it?” I whispered to myself. Strange. Lately it’s always me waking her up. I smiled to myself reminiscing the sweet memory, me calling her, shaking her to wake up, and she would snuggle more into me, groaning to stop the clock. It has become a daily routine; my day already feels like incomplete.

Urghhhh, Niharika you have made me a cheese ball! Mushy and gooey whenever it comes to you, and hard and cold any where else. What an irony, I am calling myself cheese, her one of the many favourite things to eat. You’ve gone crazy, Ranvijay! Get a grip. But where is she? Is she in the kitchen?

I walked to the kitchen, confirming my suspicion, but why does it look like she isn’t in her mood? Like the usual one?
I proceeded to hug her from behind. She jolted a bit, as if in some thought, “WTH Ranvijay, you scared me! Do you want to kill me??”
“What’s with you? Why so angry, that too this early in the morning?”

“You are stinking, at least brush your teeth!”
I scowled at her statement and ignored her to do my morning routine. I was highly pissed to not have my piece of pampering, early in the morning.

After getting ready, when I came down to have breakfast, her face was still in a displeased state. Now, this is worrying me. I softly held her hand asking, “What’s wrong? Why do you look so off?”

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry.”

I was already pissed for not starting my day usual and now she is denying to say. I am a impatient man, so I brought her between my legs, I was sitting on the chair and she was standing between my thighs, she tried to move away, but I held her hips, not letting her move,” You’re not going anywhere before you tell me what happened!

“Siddharth got shot. How can someone be so cruel to shoot that beautiful human being! All he did was stood up against wrong, and this is what he got? I was awake till 5 in the morning only to find him safe, and he got shot.”

She was almost at the verge of crying, whereas I was at the verge of bursting, why is she so bothered about a man; I have never heard his name before, is he some new friend of hers, even so why is she caring so much!!

I couldn’t stop my jealousy, “Who is Siddharth? And why are you so sad?”

“What do you mean? Why shouldn’t I be sad? He is fighting for his life in that damn hospital bed and you’re telling me to calm?”

My inner soul was fighting to shout at the top of my lungs that you should care this much about me, only me. Not some Sydney or whatever his name is. But she beat me saying, “He is so perfect, nobody is like him. Now what will Kiara do? Who will handle her?”

Wait who is Kiara again? She continued, “I want to kill the author so bad, how dare he leave me on such a cliff hanger?”

I couldn’t help asking, “Author?”

She replied, “Areeh, the book I was reading yesterday, don’t you remember?”

“You read the book till 5 in the morning?”

“Yes! And what happened, Siddharth got shot!”

“Siddharth is just a character of the book?”

“How dare you call him ‘just a character’???”

Phew, it’s just a character, you’re safe Ranvijay.