First Strike

(Thank you for 530+ views and 96 votes, till now. This is a gift for you. Since, I have entered that part of the story where there are facing problems, and I try to write from a more realistic point of view, this might have some lesser romantic scenes of Ranvijay and Niharika, and focus more on their growth and love, their circumstances and surroundings. Also, as you have noticed, there are some new characters, portion of them will also be here. I am a learning writer, actually just a reader who writes to express her thoughts, pardon me for any mistakes, the comment section is open for any suggestion, criticism, anything. Thank you.)

_________________________________________________

Ranvijay, Niharika, Parth and Sunaina were enjoying their breakfast. Sunaina was blabbering about one thousand things happening in her life, and Niharika was stuffing pieces of sandwich in her mouth occasionally in between her continuous chats. She was alternatively feeding Sunaina and Parth. God knows, what Parth was understanding, but he was saying, "Haww, he did that, how mean!", "No no, Sunu masi, u deserve better." "See even this 10 year old kid knows, those buffoons don't!"

"Why don't you join somewhere else? You already know, how much fame you have. Your company is actually feeding on your name, still that MD of yours is favoring others. This shouldn't be the case, right. Why are you scaring change so much, it isn't like you don't have enough to sustain if things go south. But if this carries on, you will stuck in the same place." Niharika tried to console a raging Sunaina, who was angry on her company's management.

"It's not easy, you know. The fact that I started from there and I am emotionally attached to the place. I have although submitted a warning letter to the HR. Let's see." Sunaina replied.

Ranvijay suddenly joined the conversation, "It won't benefit complaining to the HR only. If you feel you are wronged, you can directly appeal for an investigation report on that to the CEO, atleast I have a department separately for investigations on employee's request. Employee satisfaction and security is an important factor for keeping the company stable. You should directly appeal to the CEO."

Both Sunaina and Niharika was stunned at Ranvijay's word.

"Your husband isn't that useless, you know." Sunaina mocked, to which Niharika snickered, "How much do you know my husband? He isn't what you think of him." Ranvijay smiled internally at his wife supporting him.

"Yes, Ranvi uncle is very brave, Sunu masi. Yesterday, he killed two cockroaches and threw them out of the window. They were even bigger than the one you got scared at, last time.He didn't even flinch when the ghost screamed in the movie, yesterday." If Ranvijay's was happy at his words, Parth's word made him ecstatic and proud.

A smile crept on his face, when he remembered Niharika and Parth clinging on him on both sides, scared of the ghost in the laptop screen. They were so scared that Parth hid his face in his chest on his lap, and Niharika hid her face in his shoulder, clinging to his arm. How much complete he felt at that time, being able to be someone, his wife hides in fear. May be this is what he was missing, a feeling of family.

Sunaina was happy from inside, finding her bestie happy, but she can't show that. Not in front of Ranvijay.

Nitin took Parth back home after breakfast. While Sunaina and Niharika chatted for some more. Ranvijay excused him to get ready for office.

(Niharika)                            ( Sunaina)

-Are you happy, Nihu?

-More than ever.

-Did he open up? What was that all about?