Birthday?

Ranvijay was waiting at the door of his apartment, after ringing the bell , waiting eagerly to tell Niharika about the good news. He was impatiently tapping his foot on the ground, "What's taking you so long, Wife?"

Niharika opened the door with a sullen face, welcoming him inside, taking his bag from his hand and silently walking inside the kitchen.

"What happened to her?" Her sullen face made Ranvijay so worried that he forgot what he was about to tell!

"Oye, hii boss! You're invited too."

"What are you doing here Sunaina?" Ranvijay asked irritated.

"If you forgot, let me remind you, this is MY best friend's house." Sunaina told extra sweetly.

"What's with you?" Ranvijay asked, not being able to handle the extra sweet tone of hers.

"She has gone crazy." Niharika joined the conversation, handing a glass of water to Ranvijay. "Hey, it's my right, besides there won't be many people, just the people you want," Sunaina whined. "Okay, what's this about?" Ranvijay asked confused. "She is throwing a party for my birthday tomorrow, that too in a restaurant! Not a restaurant, one of the most expensive ones! What am I? A 4 year old?" Niharika explained.

Ranvijay thought,"Oh shit, I totally forgot, tomorrow is her birthday. "

But before Ranvijay could say anything, Sunaina pleaded him,"Please tell your antisocial wife naa, it's just a small party."

"But, I don't like celebrating among people I don't know!" Niharika exasperated, "Areh, I told you naa, invite the people you want!" Sunaina tried to negotiate. "But, there will be other people in the restaurant too, right!" Niharika reasoned.

Ranvijay wasn't liking it a bit, her wife getting uncomfortable in her own birthday party, besides he too didn't like people or crowd that much. So he quickly thought of something and intervened their bickering, "Okay stop. Since it's Niharika's birthday, let's do it her way, we will do a party in the house only."

"That's the whole point mister, if it's your house, you're the one organising it, when I want to do it for her." Sunaina huffed in annoyance.

"You have your family to look after, don't be ridiculous." Niharika too scolded her.

"Okay, shh, listen. Let's do it this way. Decoration is on me. Party will be in our home. You arrange the food. She's my wife, I would too want to indulge right. She chooses the people coming." Ranvijay suggested.

Niharika smiled at her husband, the sexiest thing a man can do is taking into account of his woman's comfort. "I like the idea."

Sunaina huffed, "Okay, better this than nothing."

Niharika jumped smiling and hugging Sunaina. Ranvijay just excused himself, "You guys carry on, I will go and freshen up."

They nodded and sat down to prepare the invitation list, "I will invite my parents, Di, Jiju, Parth, my uncle's family, your family and Arjun."

Sunaina couldn't help her racing heart at Arjun's name, but asked irritated, "Why will you call him, after all this?"

"So, I can marry off you to him." Niharika joked making Sunaina choke on her saliva. Niharika burst into laughter looking at her face, when Sunaina cursed at her, "I should've drowned you a long ago."

Niharika bid Sunaina bye, and then quickly skipped to her room, only to find Ranvijay wipe his wet hair, with a towel, while looking something at his phone. She ran to him, before clinging on to him, and kissed his cheek with a long smooch.