I will hug your worries away

Niharika POV.

Life is going good. I don't feel lonely that much, because mostly Sunaina takes me out to do random things. For a change, I like this. Sometimes, I feel like, being stuck in a monotone apartment, with a really moody husband, was making me lose my mind easily.

Talking about my husband, I don't know why, but something feels weird. It seems like, he suddenly has switched to his guarded state, but masking it with a smile. I have asked him a few times, he said nothing. But, the storm in his eyes, atleast what I can see, is making me worried. He hugs like usual, smiles like usual, walks and talks like usual, but something is different.

If he was a girl, I would have thought he is PMSing, or some hormonal problem. But is it? Do males suffer from hormonal problem? As per society made us learn, the only hormone that functions in men is Testosterone.

And this silent bean of mine will never spill. Urghhh. See! This is the problem. I just thought I was getting relaxed and sane. I am already insane worried about my part-time-mute husband.

Time skip.

The door bell rang. Niharika ran to open the door and smiled broadly at Ranvijay. Ranvijay smiled back but the smile didn't reach his eyes. She was about to ask, but he ignored her walking straight to the room.

She was stunned. "What happened to him?"

As the night progressed, things got messier. Ranvijay would be irritated about every little thing. He sure is PMSing.

But, the tables turned, when Niharika forcefully collected all the official papers of Ranvijay, which he was checking till 1 am in the living room and stacked them together in a bunch.

Ranvijay glared at her with his tired, fierce eyes. "Enough, you are overworking too much. Let's sleep," said Niharika.

"I haven't stopped you, if you are sleepy go ahead and sleep. But let me do my work!"

Niharika was stunned at his sudden rage.

"What's wrong with you? You aren't sleeping?"
"That's my problem, Niharika."
"Yes and you're my husband. I need to look after you if you don't do so yourself."
"FOR GOD'S SAKE! NO NEED TO CARE! I AM A GROWN ASS MAN AND CAN LOOK AFTER MYSELF."
"Mind your tone."
"I will, once you mind your business. Stop poking head in mine, all the time."
"Why the hell are you shouting? What the hell did I do wrong?"
"Just shut up and leave me alone."
"Okay."

Niharika stormed to the room. Ranvijay resumed his work, but his concentration has already been thrown out of the window. But that's the thing about him, he was damn disciplined about his job. So, he resumed his work, which got finished with in 18-20 minutes. Thanks to his rage.

"I shouldn't have let my frustrations out on her. But, she did get on my nerves. She shouldn't have disturbed me, or atleast asked me before messing my papers. She didn't actually mess, she was just trying me to get some sleep. Urrrghhhhhhhhh. That's why I wanted to be alone. It was easier to handle all alone. Or was it?"

It was like his own two conscious selves were fighting with each other. He slumped down the sofa, and sat on the floor, stretching his legs, a habit of his, whenever he is dejected. He started overthinking everything that was going on in his life. "Some was surely tapering with the evidence. This ain't seem like what it appears. I need to know the root before the conspiracy eats me."

"But, what about her? I am not alone this time to restart everything afresh. I have her responsibility with me. What will happen if she knows about it. She will too think me of a loser. Huh." He half-chuckled mocking himself.