Final Chapter

"Ranvijay, I can't believe this! This is so beautiful!" Niharika exclaimed looking over the horizon, the sun beautifully melting into the sea in an orangish hue, the whole sky turned shy and jealous, getting a purplish-pink tinge., just like she melts into his vastness. Each and every time.

Niharika twirled around, looking at Ranvijay. He was looking at the serene scenery forward. His whole face was glowing in a purplish glow, a calm smile gracing his face, making him more handsome. He just wanted to make Niharika happy, but instead he was enjoying the view way too much.

Niharika fell in love once again with her husband. The way he has planned the whole tour, the way he was taking care of each and everything even without maintaining that cold face, she loved it all. They just returned from touring the beach and snorkeling in one of the islands.

She gently trudged towards him, and hugged him sideways, looking at the setting sun again. Ranvijay looked at her lovingly, he gently wound his arm around her, tucking her closer, enjoying the same scene she was enjoying.

"You never told me your whole story, you know. You always gave me bits only." She said in a low voice.

"Why do you wanna know a depressing story that much? It only has sad monologues." He replied.

She looked at him, "I won't say I don't care about your past, because I do. Your past has somewhere or somehow shaped you, I want to know that. Not judge you, nor to judge any of the person involved in your life, but to know you better, to understand your scars, to heal any if required. You are always the mute warrior, I know. You have dealt with it alone and have come as a stronger person from that, but I just want to know, what and how it affected you."

Ranvijay looked at her with a grim face, "Okay if that's what you want."

They sat on the mesmerizing white sand, Ranvijay pulled his knees towards his chest, folding them, whereas Niharika sat beside him with her legs stretched.

Ranvijay remained silent for some minutes, then looked straight in her eyes. "Okay, so a lot of these, are from childhood, and I don't remember them precisely." She nodded understanding, indicating him to continue.

He heaved a long sigh and continued, "Um so, basically I am not a planned child. Mom was pregnant before she knew it. She was just married to dad for some months. She was independent and wanted to build her career, but with me, her plans stalled for some years at first, since my grandparents were very much protective and skeptical. Now when she was pursuing them about letting her continue her career, I was 3 or so, and I was a momma's boy, always clinging on to her 24/7, throwing tantrums whenever she wasn't near. So she was frustrated. After 6 years, Arjun came to world. My obsession from mom changed entirely to Arjun. I used to be there with him all the time, learning chores to do for him. So mom considers Arjun to be the lucky one among us, who brought her fortune because she can now pursue her career now.

Arjun is always the trouble maker. We used to get scolded so many times for him. I used to understand mom prefers Arjun over me. When I asked grandpa about how can I make mom love me more? He answered by excelling in each and every field. So, I did that, but somehow my clinginess towards her increased again. So, she decided to shift me to a hostel. Again this is my version. Mom and dad told, that I have potential and I must go there to become the best human. I left Arjun behind. What I didn't know, the more I wanted to become good in my family's eyes, the pressure on Arjun to outweigh me become more.

I still remember the day when Dadu( grand pa) called me and told Arjun has committed suicide. I felt my world slipping underneath my feet."

A tear accumulated in the corner of his eye, Niharika looked at him, and placed a hand behind him, soothing his back gently.