Setting the Priorities

( A task for my readers, suggest a chapter name for this chapter after reading this. I will change the title to the best commented one. Thank you.)

Arjun thrashed the glass of whiskey he was drinking, the glass shattered to million pieces. His eyes bloodshot, anger coursing through his veins. He couldn't see his reflection in those thousand pieces, he moved his glance from them, staring blankly into the wall, as if disgusted with his own pitch black resemblance.

"Anger. That's what is keeping me alive. Once more, he got away with my trap. Why?" He threw another glass on the ground.

Arjun POV.

I am disgusted to see myself in those shattered pieces. I am disgusted to see the face of a loser. I am disgusted to see the face of the traitor, who is punishing his brother for something, he never was wrong of. No, no, no, what am I thinking? It was all him, it was all bhai!

If he wasn't so perfect, so good, I wouldn't have to face such humiliation through out my life.

Why did you do that bhai? I loved you so much, couldn't you stand up for me? Couldn't you say the world, that I was not your brother only, but I was Arjun too.

(His eyes fell on the beautiful mosaic drawing on his apartment hall, he chuckled to himself..)

What a waste. In all this, the Arjun died the most brutal death. Hahahaha, claps for self, you perfectly ruined yourself, Arjun, you piece of shit, Ha ha ha...ha..ha..

But this Arjun, he won't bow to anyone. Oneday, I will be the most powerful in this whole damn family.

I will show you father, I will show you. What this Arjun can do, even without the rest Pandavas, even without his Dronacharyya.

And you, Ranvijay, I will drag you to hell and leave you there to rot, just like I did, for each fucking breath I took. Time for Showdown, Mr. Ranvijay Singh. The only Singh in this family to rule will be me, nobody else.

Ranvijay's Office
Ranvijay and Niharika on call.

"I sent your Sherwani to your office, you better come on time. If you don't come, then nobody will be worse than me."

"Niharika try to understand, I won't really be able to make it."

"Huff.. Ranvijay, try to understand, my whole family is expecting to you here. Atleast come today. I am tired of answering everyone about you. It's not about everyone only, it's about me. I had some dreams regarding my cousin's wedding, my happiness is incomplete without you. I just want you, here with me. If not for the whole day, try to be present for atleast an hour, for me. That's all I wanna say, do whatever you feel right. Excuse me, I have to prepare for some rituals. The wedding time is 8 pm" Her voice toned down.

Okay, so the matter was about Niharika's cousin's wedding. She wanted Ranvijay to come badly. But, due to the investigation mess and company's prior engagements, he couldn't make time to go there. She has already gone to her cousin's house 4 day prior, because Indian weddings are big fat weddings with various rituals. And as the elder ones, Niharika and Prajakta had more responsibilities. From shopping gifts for bride and groom's family, to preparing for rituals, and mehendi, and sangeet, everything was on them. Niharika being the pro in handling ritual department, she was utterly busy running to and fro in the arrangements.

They were away for 4days now, the only brighter side of it is that Ranvijay got a ton more of work done, in order to not miss her. They did talk for an hour or so through messages at night, but that was it.