Silence before the Storms

Ranvijay was working on his computer in his company, it was almost past the lunch time. His focus got disrupted with the sound of his ringtone. But soon his frown changed to a soft smile seeing the name flashing on his mobile screen. Niharika.

Ranvijay POV.

"Hey."

"Don't hey me. Am real real mad here. I am bored."

"Tsk, who told you to fly over the stairs then Mrs. Niharika Ranvijay?"

"Hawwww, you have the audacity to mock me in this state! Don't you have shame! Your wife is lying on this bed like ugly jobless potato and you're mocking me! How rude, Mr. Ranvijay Niharika!!!!"

Ranvijay heartily chuckled at her words, "Your husband is the one suffering here Ms. Wife. He is doing extra work! So he is the one to be pitied!"

"You make no sense, you know, I am having a feeling to bite something real bad, Can I bite you? I should bite you. Then your head will come in the right track!"

"Sorry madam, but I don't have time to get 4 injections, I have a lame wife to tend."

"Rude, am not gonna talk to you. Bye."

"Bye."

"Won't you say anything else?" Niharika whined.

"Nope!"

"Okay, bye." Niharika aggressively ended the call.

Ranvijay shook his head and went back to his work with a warm smile on his face.

Niharika POV.

Although I feigned anger, I was bubbling with this strange feeling of giddiness. I know I am weird and surely bored to death, since I have sprained my ankle.

Yes, I sprained my ankle. How? My clumsy ass was prancing around the house, and some miscommunication between the floor and my feet happened, resulting my sweet ass to kiss the floor, with a shooting pain in my ankle.

God's grace, it was a Saturday, and Ranvijay was home earlier. To be honest, I was enjoying this way too much, for the care Ranvijay has been taking of me since then. From house chores to applying gel and the crepe bandage, he is doing it all. But, today being Monday, he has to go to his office and here I am bored to hell!

What? He isn't like that heroes in stories who would work from home for their sick wife. Wattpad only feeds you lie (puffing cheeks, and crossed arms in front of chest, but no stomping cause ankle sprained).

He also didn't cook dinner like those lovey dovey husbands, simply because he can't cook a thing except coffee. And oh burnt toasts. But, he surely can order, and has ordered every meal since I sprained my ankle, and has been helping to walk to bathroom or anywhere in the home with his support.

Another reality check, he only grabs my waist and supports my body on his side, and doesn't carry me bridal style.( again puffed cheeks and crossed arms)

But the tiny efforts he is making, is enough to sail my boat. Each and every moment my heart skips a beat, when he helps me to stand up, or when he brings everything to the bed for me.

For someone, who is delusional about a clean bed, this means a lot, atleast I know that. And each time, he is doing such things these past 2 days, my heart swells up with pride and becomes hyperactive while pumping blood. So much so, that someone from a mile away can also hear it working.

This morning also, before going to office, he adjusted everything, placed some books and the laptop for me to not get bored, kept snacks and water on the bedside table. Even ordered me lunch from his office, without asking me.