[Arc 16] Ch.7 Storyteller's Craft

[Sebas]

"And that's it, that's why there are two moons." I announced as if I was finished with eh story.

I was immediately beset by all manner of complaints from everyone.

"Dirt Crawler, I demand you tell the remainder of the story." Velice ordered.

"Doctor, this great one cannot imagine that is the end of the story." Zhang said while at the edge of his seat.

"But this is a love story! Weren't they supposed to kiss or at least speak to one another?" Becky asked.

Talisa looked up at me with big eyes. "There must be more to the story."

"There is. It is a long tale. But I wouldn't call it a joyous one." I affirmed as I gently stroked her hair. "But this much is sufficient in answering the questions: who created the moons, and why are there two of them? But why they still exist after such a war is too long of a tale for one night; it would be a grand series of nightly episodes." I implied slyly.

"I find it curious that I have never once heard of this story. I have never heard of Immortals, the spirit king Governance, nor this spirit of justice among any of the churches. Even the Castle city in the sky, this sounds like pure fantasy." Kaina said. She didn't attack me for the sake of exposing me. No, after getting to know her this was just the way she seemed to ask questions. What an awkward fellow.

"That is because of the story's conclusion. You could say that it is not a story that the divine are proud of, and so they pretend it never happened." I shrugged

"And why would that be?" Zhang asked with glittering eyes.

"How chatty would you be about a war you started and lost?" I said with a knowing smile.

And with that I finished sowing the seeds of a storyteller so that they would return the next night. As a storyteller I found it easier to tell a story over the course of several days rather than trying to come up with a new one every night. That's because storytelling is a major form of entertainment in this world so once you tell one story, they always expect another.

That isn't to say that I don't have plenty of stories in my proverbial bookshelf, but one important detail ended up opening a list of epiphanic euphoria. The Queen of Greed. I always thought it was a peculiar title, but if she was a dragon... the queen of dragons. Then it was a story I was going to review in my own time anyway. There may be some important detail I overlooked that may come out after hearing myself tell the story.

One thing was for sure, I had passed this story off as a mere cautionary tale from a history long since passed. But... it may hold some vital clue not only for me, but for the dragons should they figure out this isn't just a tale of two moons. It is about the great fall of the gods and dragons.

I excused myself to get some rest before my watch but already I could see the noble dragon royalty getting antsy.

Talisa and I cuddled up in a bunk together and I resisted the urge to manifest my tails and wrap them around her. Even though she is a great dragon and stronger than me in almost every regard, she was still so fragile. She shivered every time we were in the presence of the dragon royalty, and she was just now calming down. Her skin was so clammy that she wrapped her whole body around me.

"How do you do it?" Talisa whispered with her face pressed into my shirt.

"I read a lot of books," I said jokingly.

"I mean. The Lord Dragon and his consort. How do you remain so steadfast and immovable, do they not frighten you?" she clarified.

"Oh that. I guess it is because I've always been weak and accepted it." I said after mulling it over.