[Arc 1] Ch. 10 Audacitor's Codex

A/N

Ahoy! This Chapter was brought to you by- We hit 1 Million Reads for Foxtails 1! You guys are amazing thanks so much. I never thought I'd ever have a story that hit 1M so this is for you guys. An extra Chapter complete with updates at the bottom. Enjoy.

** ** **

Sebas

"So this is how it begins." I sigh.

"Something on your mind, master?" The Red Eyed Woman asked.

"It's just... in the many stories I'm familiar with the character in my position shows up and overwhelms everyone's common sense and all the girls fall all over him. I find myself with all the worst common senses so I can't do that." I grumble as I stare at the council building where Magus Vlad was going to try and defend the love of his life with my research. I've really done it this time.

I go unnoticed from the balcony of one of the libraries, and huff at the acceptance letter to get into Hearthroam "no questions asked". What was the real cost of this letter I wonder?

"It's only natural that, you'd want to show off for the girls that you are crushing on, Master~." The Succubus wrapped her arm around mine and leaned her head on my shoulder.

The Red Eyed woman leaned backwards against the banister I was leaning over. She reached up to caress my face and rubbed her cheek against mine. "With your power and influence alone, many would plead to be by your side."

I blushed. These girls were always getting too close. I jumped back flinging my arms around. "Quit it, that is the problem."

"You're afraid they may only like you for your title as the Phantom Prince? If that's the case, why are you so hung up on them?" The Red Eyed woman was too clever for her own good and always had a way of cutting to my core.

"I made a promise. I don't know how seriously they still feel about me but... I'd like to think I didn't just imagine something special between us." I pulled out the crudely crafted handkerchief that was wrapped around a stone with a frozen lightning bolt.

"Then let us woo them with your awkward charms, my prince." The Red Eyed Woman snuck up on me and slapped my butt with a hardy squeeze.

"I told you to stop that!" I growled as she giggled.

"No fair, why does she always get to do things like that?" the Succubus whined.

"She doesn't!" I stated.

"Best be careful little girl. My Boss is bound to be jealous when she hears about what I've just seen." A familiar voice approached us from the library.

"It's good to see you again, Mr. Actor." I said swatting away two hands that tried to take advantage of me turning to face the newcomer.

"Of Course." He bowed. "I will always come when My Friend summons me." He smiled sinisterly.

"That is good to hear. Now let's set up camp and puts some roots down. The Nightclaw have been far too comfortable here in Galavan." I said as I put away my treasures.

It is also time for me to face my demons. But can a coward like me who ran away from everything really face them? Am I just seeking power for power's sake like Inari warned? Have I really stopped letting my anger control me? Is it right to force these feelings of longing onto those girls I haven't even spoken with in years? I have so many questions...