[Arc 11] Ch. 5 New Masks

After taking a very quick and very cold shower I was able to get my head on straight. I don't know how normal girls handle relationships with boys, but I know that I have to make sure Hyde keeps his clothes on.

Father warned me that going through puberty with berserker blood may have its own set of challenges. Part of the reason I was here was to research it, since my father wasn't born a berserker... or a girl. Lady Joan, the court mage that saved Sebas's life when he stabbed himself, was the only person I could really talk to about things normal girls go through. Put together with what my dad could teach me about berserkers I knew one thing...

...I was in deep trouble.

In theory and on paper everything seemed so easy. That was until I started going through it. I've only just warmed up to talking to Hyde without calling myself an idiot inside my head for bringing up Sebas time and time again.

At first, I thought I was getting a handle on the constant need to punch things and fight everyone that carried a sword. Then I had to come to terms with the various differences between boys and girls, and how freaking attracted I am to Hyde and his naked body. Now I felt compelled to punch Hyde with my entire body. I still can't figure out if it's to fight him or, to just be near him.

He just throws me off in so many ways. With anyone else I can gracefully act like a princess with manners, posture, and dresses that were far too glamorous for my muscular body type. I will admit that I shy away from frilly things even though I love them, and that on more than one occasion I've worn a corset to hide my abs that were too pronounced from too much training. Skirts fascinate me, but since I'm so used to wearing pants while training, I feel naked unless I have stockings or something on my legs. I like the frills on the school uniforms, and I like the breeze, but when I'm around people I'm just super conscious about my bare legs.

I want to impress him, and I honestly don't know how! I can't read him at all. Part of the problems had been the fantasies plaguing me every time we're together. The other problem was that nothing I could do seemed to good enough until today when we were suddenly able to get along.

What did Hyde like?

Gah! I don't know! I don't know! I don't know!

I don't know anything!

But something tells me that if I don't do this properly, I won't get another chance.

So, I'm just going to do my best and see where it takes me.

*

"How do I look?" I asked nervously as I came out of the bathroom. I finished my make-up and decided on one of the outfits we bought yesterday due to Meela insisting that I must. When I argued that I wasn't cute enough for something like this I was surprised when Hyde was also supportive and said it was okay for me to try and be more girly.

It was a fashionable white blouse with short cut puffy sleeves. Over it was a collared brocade vest with a corset-like lattice of laces in the front. It was crimson and girly which didn't fit me or my hair. But it felt like some leather armor pieces I've worn and that's why I liked it. It was tight and although it covered my breasts. The form-fitting design both hid my abs and showed off my thin waist. Both were wins in my book. But my favorite part was the skirt. It was long enough to cover my knees, but it was frilly so, if I spun around it would blossom like a flower. Heels weren't really my style either, but Meela talked me into a pair of shoes that matched my skirt that looked like it had more heel that it did.