[Arc 13] Ch.9 Unreasonable Attraction

[Turner]

"Excuse me, professor," Marquis Elkwood looked very concerned. "I know a fair bit about magic, but I've never heard anything like this before."

I chuckled despite myself. "No, I assume not. This is the first anyone has ever publicly taught these topics." I used magic to gently toss him a copy of the Audacitor's codex. "Why don't you read it for yourself. Although I have spoken with him myself a time or two, he has a truly unique way of looking at magic. As if he is seeing things we've ignored or been told to ignore for centuries."

"Professor." the prince spoke up. "You mentioned that you have students that have practiced blood magic. I'd like to know more about those who have been using it before your teachings. The Oblationary techniques in particular."

"You don't plan to hold it against them, do you?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Of course not, I truly find this all fascinating." The Prince said. "Let me guess it was the girl who started screaming and the quiet alchemist, Doctor Jekyll was it?"

Nerys smiled brightly but then when she realized what she heard she and everyone looked at Doctor Jekyll.

"Don't you know, the good doctor is a fairly infamous figure in the south. Turning in halves of corpses when claiming his rewards. He learned how to dismantle beasts in the very same butcher shops the professor mentioned." The prince looked around at the confused faces. "Didn't you know? That's how he became known as the monster doctor, it was because he became so clean with his cuts."

"Wait, so you really are a monster hunter?" Sevren shouted incredulously, then he admonished himself. "Be nice, he did tell us at the beginning, didn't he?" He talked to himself in as if he had two people residing in the same body. I'd like to say that while messing around with his beloved portals it did something to his head but I can't really confirm it yet since he hasn't done anything too dangerous in front of me yet.

"I suppose it makes sense that you wouldn't know since Monster Hunters are only really found in the south. Doctor Jekyll was one of the more infamous because of his quirks rather than his prowess." Lady Ulster stated.

"It's also probably because he doesn't look the part unless he's wearing a leather apron and covered in monster blood. Like he is in the rumors." Marquis Elkwood said.

"Well actually it's because he fainted during the school placement tournament that has us all confused." Gareth answered. "He wasn't really all that elegant with that sword Liz forced him to use."

"That's because he's an alchemist and a monster hunter. But that gives me an interesting idea." the Prince smiled wickedly. "I'd like to see what two blood mages can do, I propose we have Miss Nerys and Doctor Jekyll face off in a duel."

"I have to decline." Liz spoke up. "The good doctor doesn't fight people unless he has to. Monster hunters don't have a lot of non-lethal techniques. Trust me. That's what I'm here for." Liz winked and cuddled up to Henry Jekyll.

"Not only that, it's expensive. Usually, I can restock on monster parts and still get some money from the commission, but an exhibition match is a no go." Henry shook his head.

"I'm going to have to decline too." Nerys spoke up. "My magic isn't really flashy or suitable for display fighting, it takes too long to set up and usually more research oriented. I'm better at supporting the long game than being a fighter myself." Nerys then looked at Henry with her signature ambiguous seductive look. "But I would love to compare notes after the lesson, Doc." She winked.

"That works out just fine." I said. "Since today we are going to discuss a few ways to use Oblation magic we are going to be dissecting rats in order to collect material and train you on some anatomy of what some of these things can be used for not only in Blood magic but also in alchemy."