[Arc 8] Ch. 6 Noble Inheritance

Meela

I teased Sebas and Minerva only a little bit more at breakfast, forcing them to feed each other a few more times. When we left, he took her hand at my prompting while I hugged Satiri's arm eliciting the cutest reaction from her. I made sure to press my bust against her at every opportunity and was rewarded with even more cute sides of her.

Satiri needed some new outfits, and at the very least a new swimsuit. So I dragged everyone on my shopping excursion. I made the tomboyish pirate girl try on every manner of embarrassingly cute and frilly outfits along with the ones that were her 'style.' My heart pounded with every outfit as the bashful girl, who didn't know how womanly she was, had her feminine side exposed.

Meanwhile I was doing some investigation into my little brother. I decided to keep this little secret to myself, he had his reasons for hiding his identity, I'm sure. But in the meantime, I decided to gather some ammunition, foxes were all about intrigue, after all. I could tell my friends a few secrets later in exchange for keeping this secret just a little longer. I used Minerva as my willing dress up doll as I gauged Sebas's reactions. Julie was very into fashion and clothes, if I could find out what kinds of styles he liked I could pass them on for favors and... well forgiveness as I selfishly kept my little brother to myself.

By gauging his reactions, I discovered his preferences. He was definitely straight. He also wasn't a pervert who was into his sisters, a good sign. He also wasn't shameless, even though he was trying to be callous, he always gave gentlemanly feedback and never ogled. He appropriately gave each outfit a fair consideration and prevented me on the number of occasions when I almost gave Minerva something too racy. He's grown up into a fine man... with a weakness for legs, most notably thighs, with lace and frills.

Yep like any man, he had a preference. I do remember him spending quite a bit of time reading with his head in Lilith's lap. He also seemed fascinated by Minerva's red hair. A good sign for her. And whenever she had something that purposefully revealed her tiny waist, he made a point to avert his gaze, but I could feel his desire to hold her by those hips.

He's so cute how he won't admit how attracted he is to her. And Minerva is playing her part splendidly. Although I've tried to reinforce her self-confidence, without stepping on Satiri's toes, she seems to think she's not that pretty. When in reality Minerva is a 10/10 beauty from every angle.

She knew how to carry herself with confidence despite her bashfulness when she was praised. She had sharp blue eyes that I had watched turned from madness to empty sorrow to soulful introspection and now they held a bit of wonder. More than one time I caught her staring at Sebas without him knowing with a curious sort of fascination. But beyond that were all feature that revealed the effort she put into reforming herself. There wasn't an inch of fat on her, and her flat belly wasn't rugged with thickly carved abs. There was no flab on her arms and every time she showed off, she subconsciously knew just what pose or shy strut would get his attention.

But we could only spend so long in the girly stores since Satiri is more practical in her preferences. So we stopped by some stores with a good men's selection. I have to admit that as much as I like Satiri as my bashful little girly friend, I like her more when she can confidently strut towards me as a cool prince. At a certain point I went a little crazy and they had to stop me from manically buying everything in the store in a frenzy.

Minerva also got a fair treat to Hyde in a proper suit. It was crisp black with a matching lustrous dress shirt and blood red tie. Her nose just exploded with blood when Sebas swept his hair back with one hand and winked flirtatiously. When he was getting changed back into his regular clothes I "Accidently' bumped Minerva into the dressing room whose only defensive measure was a curtain. It caused a scene and I think Minerva saw more than she bargained for judging by her screaming "it's so big". (I found out later that she had been talking about his bicep... unfortunately) In the meantime, I used the distraction to steal a peak and a kiss from Satiri while she was changing.

*

Finally, we had to part ways before the sun started turning the world orange. Hyde had been hired by the local magic knights and needed to report that night for duty, and we needed to get Satiri's things. We stopped inside one of my sister's stores and I found several familiar faces working. It was pretty busy, and luckily my sister Tiara was nowhere in sight.

Many students spent a few hours working there for a bit of spending money during vacation so it was often the case that they were overstaffed. An issue I overlooked considering how fast overstaffed turned into understaffed during these holidays. Luckily, I spot the two blonde people I'm looking for casually chatting while straightening clothes... in sync to a creepy degree.

"Victor, Victoria just the twins I was looking for." I dragged Satiri over as she carried two bulky handfuls of bags.

"Lady Meela," Victor turned to me.

"How may we help?" Victoria hopped to attention.

I enlisted their aid for the smaller things first, and I had them find some spare employees take our clothes back to my hotel room.

""Anything else?"" they asked.

"Yes, I'm in need of a couple hounds." I said with a knowing tone.

"We'll get our uniforms." They responded with suspicious glee.

"Huh, what for?" Satiri asked.

"Do you know the biggest difference between human nobles and fox nobles?" I turned halfway toward Satiri. "Humans inherit power and authority from their parents, it's handed to them just for being born. Foxes inherit cunning and skills from their parents, then we take power for ourselves, and the name we make for ourselves is our authority. The Dark Lady, the Golden Merchant, The Lady in White Samite, The Sage King, the Phantom Prince." I smile pleasantly, but Satiri visibly flinched from the devilish way it matched the sinister grins of the twins. "As the oldest sister, I couldn't lose to my siblings. Although my title is only known in certain circles it holds great power in those circles."

I curtseyed. "By my will I have caused the downfall and rise of entire houses, and all I have to do is call their name. That is my claim to the throne, that is the noble inheritance I have taken for myself."

I will no longer hesitate. Satiri, I will protect you. I will do all in my power to be someone you can rely on. I will no longer cower in the shadow of my younger brother or sister and their accomplishments because I now know they need me as much as I need them. Because I am someone who gained this title all on my own, using my position and the unique talents I possess. I will show Satiri and the world that I am someone to pay attention to.

For the time my path is clear, and I know how to use this power I have taken for myself. "I am Meela Asmos Ti'en, and I am The Banshee of Baskerville."