[Arc 3] Ch. 9 Phantom Agenda

Sebas

"It isn't the right time..." I answer trying not to think about it much further.

"What if there is no right time? What if they love Flint more than you?" The Red Eyed woman was merciless, but she was right. My blood boiled and my fists tightened.

"In the end..." I released the tension in my body. "...I just want them to be happy. A promise made that long ago by children... Maybe I'm just sentimental to think that they'd wait so long for someone like me."

"You know I don't like it when you do that, master." The Red Eyed woman frowned. "Your life has no place for such pessimism. And more importantly, does this mean that you aren't even going to fight for them?"

"We are all different people now. I'm not the prince they remember. They may want different things now." A lot can change in the better part of a decade.

"I see... " the Red Eyed woman ground her teeth in frustration.

"Master, if I may?" The Succubus interrupted the heavy silence.

I nodded at her.

"I think it is too early to make any kind of decision before you at least have a proper talk with them." The Succubus said.

"Very well. Let's lay that part of the conversation to rest." I sighed trying not to think about the pain in my chest at the thought of my childhood friends in the arms of my rival. They were beautiful, talented, and every time I passed by them, they were smiling. It reminds me of my last school experience where I would crush on a pretty girl, but before I worked up the nerve to speak to her, I found out that she was dating someone. "Tell me about the Sorcerers."

"That's where things get complicated. Other than some superficial observations, we haven't been able to get any information on any of their pasts beyond Constance, Hazel, and Balek." The Actor reported.

"I'm a little surprised." I answered.

"It's possible that you are not the only one with something to hide?" The Actor winked.

"Alright. Let's start with the Magus Balek." I say.

"He is a talented alchemist with a talent for Solvents, poisons, acids, water magic, aromatic healing, and magical sight." The succubus said. "For his personality, he is very kind and single-minded, despite his scary appearance anyway. He is pursuing the ultimate cleaning potion. He is easy to underestimate as most of the Magus do, but he was recruited into the Archana by the Grand Magus herself. He is only a couple years older than Vladimir and Dovesong, the two youngest known members of the Archana. He has been friends with Vlad for several years. As he is dismissed by most as 'just the janitor', I advise we don't do that considering the true potential of Sorcery."

"Noted, I already like him. It's been a while since I've been anywhere that has smelled so nice." I mused. "How about the first Sorcerer's Sister?"

"I can't say that there is much about her to report." The Red Eyed Woman picked at her teeth. "She's a nice enough girl, the First Sorcerer has been tutoring her late into the night. She and Vlad are the youngest of six children in their family and the only ones not married. She was exploring her options as a priestess but never committed to it. Her healing talents were lack-luster but showed promise when aiding allies and inconveniencing enemies with magic and charisma. Acceptable grades, attendance, and social life. I'd say she's bar average and the only normal person in the Sorcerer Class."

"Thank you, and Constance?" I absorb the information.

"Now she's a piece of work." The Actor laughed. "The Helsing girl comes from a clan of prominent trouble-makers that fancy themselves 'Monster Hunters' in the south. They specialize in undead and minor beast-type monsters. Ghosts, ghouls, rats of unusual size, that kind of thing. More notable in the southern parts of the continent where they serve as a branch of the Adventurer's guild serving the moon spirit, technically qualifying them as a rogue-priests 'that stalk the night'." The actor chuckled. "Unlike her edgier family members, that are good at what they do, Constance fancies herself a Journalist and finds more trouble than stories."