[Arc 4] Ch. 3 Minerva Rising

Minerva

So here we are in the middle of the colosseum. I am standing in a circle of five Sovereigns as we face against five rankers. The four eager smiles of my allies intimidate me only slightly since I know they have had a lot more combat experience than I have. Two of these men have blatantly had issues with me, but being Sovereigns has brought us together this time and that seems enough for them at the moment.

Because our back and forth gathered so much attention, a proxy of the training facility told us that we should have a party match inside the colosseum. For safety's sake.

"Alright, Gareth and I are front line units." Macsen said. "What do you have on you?" He asked Rowen as he led the strategy meeting. The Rankers seemed impatient and even I am surprised that these self-proclaimed delinquents would spend any time forming a strategy instead of just bull-rushing forward.

Rowen smiled. "I'm old school," he opened his bag to show us a plethora of vials. "fairy dust, to boost our casters. Skull powder mixed with chili to interrupt their casters. Oil slick, antidote, paralyze poison. I also have three cement bombs. I'm subclassed as a duelist and an archer, I'm a jack of all trades rogue put me anywhere and I can stand on my own."

"Great. Warlock, how are you in a party?" Macsen smiled.

"I'm a great support for fire and ice users since I can dual cast with amateurs. I can support the back and front line simultaneously. But if you want me to fight seriously and put out as much damage as possible then you better make room." Hyde slipped on his gloves with the sharp toothed grin of a predator.

"Good, let's start with something big. Minerva what is your biggest and flashiest spell?" Macsen asked.

"Dragon's breath." I answered as my blood heated in excitement. Nobody in this circle was looking down on me they all saw me as another cog which was something I wasn't used to. All they knew was I was a Sovereign and they placed they faith in me by only talking about how I could contribute to the strategy, not how I'd hold anyone back.

"Excellent, how is your fire resistance?" Macsen asked.

"They don't call me the red dragon because I'm afraid of a little burn." Smoke came out of the corners of my smile that curled to match the crazy sovereigns around me.

"Then I have an idea." Macsen told us exactly what he had in mind and I thought he was an evil genius.

*

I cracked my neck as stood in the center of our formation as the vanguard with a sorcerer on either side of me. Hyde stood directly behind me with Rowan behind him.

Jakis's mighty templar body stood directly in front of me with Daskis and Malcom on either side of him. Hade and Lancaster stood slightly behind them in a basic circle formation.

"So just to clarify," Hyde peeked out from behind me with his elbow on my shoulder. "If we win, you guys have to look out for the interests of the Sovereigns and Sorcerers and we get to stay out of the rankings. If you win, we turn in our card for your sakes and are placed at the bottom of the rankings? Sound about right?"

"I'm looking forward to a shiny new piece of gear from the Samite Lady." Daskis smirked.

""It's Lady in White Samite."" All five of us corrected him causing a hilarious stunned look on his face.

The proxy that invited us to use these facilities officiated, since we drew a crowd. The stands filled up pretty quickly with people in their training gear. I felt odd to have such a crowd. All these eyes despised me at one point. I wonder if Sebas is looking at me? Can I redeem myself in his eyes this way? I mean his sister did start the Crowned Joker Game.