[Arc 6] Ch. 5 Mixed Feelings

Sebas

I was stunned for a second and I had no idea how to react.

That was a mistake.

She moved forward shifting the weight in the cart until it flung her forward onto me. Once again, she landed on top of me only this time her hands were fine it was when her lips pressed against mine that made my heart nearly jump out of my chest. My magic acted without my permission and blasted her up into the sky. I jumped to my feet and she once again landed in the hay cart.

I covered my lips with my arm and blushed furiously. "What is your deal?! At least buy me dinner first!"

I have so many mixed feelings about this moment! First, she'd groped my tender region and then she kissed me within a matter of moments, and I was still Hyde! Damn! How would Hyde react?

Set her on fire?

...

Yeah, I wouldn't even set Minerva on fire. But...

"There is only so far that I'll tolerate sexual harassment do I have to call the Magic Knights?" I threatened.

"Did someone call? What seems to be the trouble here?" A magic knight with blonde hair approached us. He wore their uniform, white and black attire complete with gold accents, a cape over his right shoulder and complete with light armor plating. He had an older magic knight with him dressed the same and a pretty-boy archangel following behind.

Crap, I didn't actually mean to summon them.

"If it weren't an accident, I'd say it's a bigger deal. But you should keep an eye on this pervert." I point at the hay cart. I'm sorry Julie, I don't really mean it.

"Pervert is it? But weren't you one of the ruffians who started a squabble down at the beach yesterday?" The Magic knight dared with a knowing smile.

"You're kidding me, right?" I cock my eyebrow.

"Nope, both of you are going to come with us to the headquarters. Please don't resist." He rested his hand on his sword.

"Alright, let's get this over with, I'm on the clock." I hold up my Warlock pendent.

"Warlock, is it? As a show of good faith will you hand over your weapon of choice and your license." He asked. "Just until we get things sorted out."

I rolled my eyes. I announced that I had gloves and reached into my pocket for them. "As for my warlock's license, I haven't registered with the association since I'm not taking on public requests yet. Right now, I have a private contract with a classmate."

"Thank you." The second Magic Knight nodded as he accepted my gloves.

"You too, miss," the first magic knight talked to the hay cart.

"A little help... nyuuuh." Julie whined as she poked her hand out of the hay.

I braced the cart and pulled her out without any issue this time.

"Thanks. Nyah." She grunted as she brushed herself off.

"Don't mention it." I couldn't hold her hand for too long since it made my heart beat much too fast. So I yanked my hand back as soon as I was able to. I crossed my arms and tried to hide my blush by turning away and clicking my tongue as Julie reached into dangerous territory and unfastened the pouch strapped to her tantalizingly soft-looking thigh.

"Jerk, nya." I heard Julie hiss under her breath.

"Whatever, pervert." I respond back.

Together the two of us were led away to one of the offices of the Local Magic Knights that kept order within the city. It was a large white building that looked like a mini-fortress.

Is this what being arrested feels like?

I followed them to the second story where the less serious matters were being held. We were directed to a row of chairs and sat down next to each other. Julie buried her face in her hands.

"This is so wrong, I didn't do anything. And I finally had a lead." Julie moaned. "What did I ever do to you? Nyah."

"Shall I replay the last few minutes where you groped and then forced yourself on me?" I tease.

She Nyahed cutely.

"Don't worry, it could be worse, it's not like pressing charges, Boots." I try to comfort her.

"Nyyyaaaah, how could it be worse when that nick name is still floating around!" Julie whined cutely.

"They could be cannibals talking about how to season us." Sat back in my chair.

"You'd taste better, I'm all skin and bones, nyah."

"I'd be too tough and chewy, if you were seasoned right in a stew to get rid of the gaminess. I'm sure some onion would counteract the smell of stinky boots." I laughed.

"Nyo, you're missing your key point, and that is that you'd be good for dinner and dessert." Julie sniffled with half a smirk. "With a few spices you'd make a good northern dish, then freeze your eye balls over some banyanya's and chocolate sauce."

"Alright but have you ever roosted cat meat over a grill. And after you're skinned, your pelt would keep them warm in the winter." I spat back with a snicker.

"Okay, but if I needed to scare my enemies, your face would scare even the chief of the most brutal and hungry cannibals, nyah." She challenged.

"Pfft. I can't argue that." We both broke out into laughter.

After laughing for a bit, I was reminded of the carefree days of my youth and felt a portion of happiness that I thought I'd lost.

"Nya, thanks for cheering me up, you really are pretty nice." Julie thanked me.

She leaned forward on her chair and smiled back at me. The last tear of sadness at the edge of her eye glittered and her full-bodied grin that showed her cute little fangs was so bright and fluffy that I couldn't look away. Her brown tomboyish hair had changed colored with a silky pinkish tint that danced in the slightest of breezes. It waltzed over her shoulders like they were placed by the soft hands of the goddess of beauty. They were weightless in a fantasy filled dream of roses and sparkles. She was so close and lovely that my heart that had been under some lock and key broke free of its prison and danced in a meadow of warm sunlight.

Time stopped and every horrible thing I'd ever done or had been done to me seemed to wash away. Every feral instinct was put at ease and my entire existence was at peace. A lovely pink filled peace of warmth. She was so close... I could reach out and touch her...

But an overwhelming feeling told me that if I did, this whole moment would be stolen away from me. Ironically, I'd have to break this moment just to keep from loosing myself.

She was dating Flint.

That thought ripped my heart right out my chest and brought me back to the present like a train crash of pain only Julie had the power to wield.

"It's not like I'm doing it for you." I crossed my arms and tore my eyes away from her. "Don't get full of yourself, it would just be that much more paperwork for me since I'd have to explain and prove how much of a pervert you are."

"Nya, even your personality is hot and cold. You're never going to get a girlfriend that way." Julie teased. 

** ** **

A/N

Ahoy, I finally moved into my new house so here is a chapter to celebrate. I'm getting caught up on writing so hopefully soon I'll be able return to regular updates. 

May the winds of fortune ever fill your sails. 

-The Captain