[Arc 2] Ch.9 Library Trauma

A/N

Ahoy Crew,

This and the next chapter have been brought to you by the illustrious Sheeta15 who snapped up the limited Lady of the Sea Tier for my Patreon. Everyone shower her with praise. Because of her kindness and generosity I'm going to finish out the arc today. 

And for those of you who haven't seen it, I've uploaded a character and information index for foxtails called 'Foxtails cast, crew, and stage'. If you're struggling to keep up with all the new and old characters or just want some more information on certain topics it is an excellent resource. However it's a request only book so I only update the bio and terms you care about. 

If you want more chapters faster or just want to show your support Patreon, Yada Yada Yada.

Without further to do, enjoy the complicated return of Minerva. 

And may the winds ever fill your sails. 

-The Captain. 

*

Minerva

The next day

This was such a good idea... not.

I sigh outwardly. I can't believe I had any impression that this would be easy. After the placement tournament students get a week and a half to explore their options by visiting introduction lectures like the ridiculous Sorcerer presentation yesterday. They get recruited into, clubs, adventurer parties for the local dungeon, and become more familiar with the campus.

Knowing how much Sebas liked to read I decided that the library was the best option but as soon as I discovered that there were three different libraries my heart fell into my stomach. The difficulty of the situation was made that much harder by the thousands of students at the university. I guess there is no reason why I can't do more research into Shar'lita while I'm here. Maybe if I learn some of the dragon's language, I could talk to the new dragon girl about her.

I go to the library that is focused on languages and other cultural significance. Although I'm sure Sebas is more likely to be at the second library which is focused on magic, I don't see why I should let him dictate what I study. Besides, my reputation proceeds me.

I feel like students are avoiding me like the plague. Rumors about my nasty temperament have surely reached Galavan. I permanently maimed more than a few servants before I met Sebas. I can't say who or how many, but I've gotten more than a few dirty or frightful looks while walking around campus. It's okay, it's just one more thing to overcome.

Walking up to the desk in the library I greet the Librarian. He was a gentleman with a small romance novel in his hand. When I walked up, he smiled genuinely at me and closed his book. "Ah, Lady Sudaven, how may I help you today?"

It was true, even the librarian knew who I was, but I guess it's hard to hide my showy red hair. "Hello, good sir Librarian."

"Arsene Lupin, is my name, knowing everything about everything is my game." Arsene Lupin rose and gave an elegant bow with no malice and plenty of beguiling charm. "But you may call me Professor Lupin."

"I'm charmed, Professor." I say as I curtsey in my uniform. "I'm looking for anything on dragons. Old myths, language guides, that kind of thing. I'll like to learn more about Shar'lita, and how to speak dragon."

"You wouldn't be the first, my lady. On the second floor in the south east corner there is a study area with a table and shelves on foreign language studies. There is already a young man up there today with the same agenda, he may be of some help. But if you require anything else It would be my utmost pleasure to be of service." He bowed and winked at me.