[Arc 10] Ch. 2 Tense History

Sebas

We crashed over a desk and landed in a pile. Well... all except Victor who stuck the landing with a "got it!"

The three of us toppled over a desk made of a dark grey stone and knocked over everything on that desk. We crashed into the floor inside a dusty office. My office... Well one of them.

I groaned from the pain and knowing where he had brought us.

"Shit." I cursed as I hid my ears and tails.

An armed man stormed through the door as I pull my hood up. He was barefoot with only a pair of pants on.

"What's going on in here?" a Demonkin shouted as he brandished his cloudy green sword in one hand and held a bright fireball of magic in the other.

"Just a lover's quarrel, Brad." Victor hopped to his feet. "How's Linda and the baby?"

"I'm fine and so is our son." A Demonkin woman dressed down in a nightie pushed past the half-naked man. "He just took his first steps. And if you wake him up, I'll kill you."

"Sorry to crash in like this, we are here on personal business." Victor walked to one of the many shelves lining the wall and searched for something.

We were in an office, a dark office, with a small fireplace two couches, a desk with a chair, and wall to wall shelves with all manner of books, trinkets, potions, and bottled ingredients.

When Victor was out of the way Linda peeked over at me as I helped Julie up. "Who is the cat?"

"It's the boss's woman." Victor pointed his thumb at us. "Lover's quarrel, remember."

"Can it wait?" She asked me. "It's the middle of the night."

"She's not actually my woman- Ouch!" I tried to fix the possible misunderstanding and then Julie stomped on my foot.

"Of course, I'm your woman you dunce. I've been paying Flint to keep the men away while we wait for you!" Julie shouted.

"Huh?" my brain sputtered.

"Yeah! Mating season at Hearthroam is a bitch! Nyah!" She growled. "I can't believe you honestly- Ugh!" She then clocked me in gut.

"Found it." Victor said and held a small bottle with a clear liquid. The bottle itself was flat and rectangular. He uncorked it and pressed his finger over the opening. On the tip of his finger must have been blood because the clear liquid turned red with flecks of blood and then glowed blue. He held it up and looked a Julie through it. "Bibbity bobbity boo."

I didn't have time to stop him and after it flashed for a second Victor downed it like a shot. Then his entire body transformed. Standing in his place was another Julie, dressed just like the original down to the dirt and tears in the dress. "You have such funny words, boss." He even had her voice.

"It's too late for this, Victor. Would someone please explain what is happening?" Brad sighed and tossed his fireball casually into the fireplace to give the room some light.

"Ooh Pick me! Nyah!" Victor kicked in a spritely teenager-eske fashion. Damn that Actor and his lessons. Victor then did a song and dance with wide and exaggerated movements. "I'm Julie! The beautiful catgirl next door that everyone wants to date! Nyah! But fending off boyfriends is so tiresome, so I hired Flint to be my fake boyfriend. Ultimately, creating a misunderstanding that hurt and betrayed the guy I really love. Sebas. Nyah."

But Victor didn't stop. He lowered his voice and mocked me next. "Or how about this, I'm Sebas, even though I've obsessed over Julie and Nerinin for six years I don't have the stones to show my face and tell them how I really feel. So, I hide my face and mope around the school campus while discovering and sharing mystic secrets of magic that are changing the courses of history. Phantom Prince, more like Phantom Pussy."