[Arc 10] Ch. 10 Healing Songs

Sebas

"Whoa, I didn't think I'd ever get to see you laugh." Angela marveled.

"Well, maybe I'm just too tired to be grumpy." I plucked a rhythm on the guitar something soft. A lullaby I'd learned among the rabbit kingdom just north of the fox nation on the way to the Demonkin's Spire. It was a tidy little loop that could be played until even the bounciest children fell asleep.

"So even you have a softer side." Angela remarked.

"Don't tell anyone. I have an image to maintain." I chuckled as I sang the lullaby.

-

"While the dragons sleep there's gold to keep,

But would I survive the night?

By chance I remember the coppers of ember

That I saw in your eyes that night.

.

I came and went and finally sold my tent

For a fate and welcoming sight.

For a dance in a glade and a home I made

For those eyes to say goodnight.

.

I found my home and even wrote a poem

On scrap by candlelight.

For my wife so dear and the child so near.

A life far from war and fright.

.

Coppers of ember from a woman so slender

I found a new life so light.

I discovered my treasure was a copper and a feather

From the dragon who spared my life."

-

So, I sang Minerva a lullaby to help her sleep, so what? I feel like I've really stopped caring about the little things.

"Angela, let's go out and do something. I get the feeling we are going to have a day off if Hyde has this under control." Cedric stood up.

"Are you sure?" Angela asked.

"I'm positive, Minerva is in good hands. Isn't that right, Warlock?" Cedric gave me a knowing look, but honestly, I'm too tired to care what it's about.

"Just lock the door on your way out." I yawned.

*

I resisted the urge to screw with Minerva. Mostly out of fascination.

She was gorgeous.

'Top thirty for sure,' I chuckle to myself.

Honestly it was weird. One of my biggest worries was that Julie would feel victimized as one in a harem. And it turned out that it was the opposite. Her and Nerinin had already talked about and figured out how to incorporate a larger harem. I don't believe they've actually planned for up to thirty, but I do know that they've already included Minerva.

Heck, Liz was pushing me to give her a chance too. It feels so arrogant to imagine myself giving Minerva a chance to be a part of my collection of girls. But if felt different when I imagined it meant to look at her with fresh eyes, and don't exclude from something she wants to be a part of, because of some old grudge. 'Don't say that she can't be family.'