Chapter 4

Mask
Kenji_Arts
Chapter 4: "Friends"
Summary:
Philza brings bad news to Techno and Ghostbur about their lost family member.

Notes:
(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"Did you get the news...?"

"Hard not to. The president has been cooped up in his panic-room for 3 days. "

"Philza he was your son, technically my uncle- aren't you upset?" Fundy didn't know how to feel about Tommy's death. He had never been on the best terms with him but he was still sort of his friend. He was technically his family. Philzas son, why wasn't Philza as broken as Tubbo right now?

"I am upset." Philza sighed as he put on a winter cloak. "I'm upset at the government forcing my son to be exiled. I'm upset Tubbo gave into the government's corruption. I'm upset that someone was preventing anyone from seeing my son, I'm upset at myself for not realizing the last thing Tommy needed was space."

"Where are you going?" Fundy didn't like the fact that his family was falling apart like this.

"I'm going to my sons." Technoblade and Ghostbur? Fundy hadn't seen them In forever. Wait wasn't Techno a wanted criminal? He's also Philza's son though, of course Philza would be in contact with his son.

"... Be safe."

Fundy was left alone as Philza shut the door to his house.

Philza had news he had to deliver.

He had a feeling Techno was going to want to charge into Tubbo's Government and demand a reason why they hadn't learned their lesson.

Ghostbur wasn't going to understand that Tommy was dead.

That would be difficult.

...

...

The Nether was the fastest way to get to Techno's house.

Unfortunately it was the same bridge that led to Tommy's island.

Philza could see the ledge that Tommy supposedly jumped from.

It was definitely built by Tommy...

He looked down at the lava.

...

Someone could have definitely saved Tommy.

If he was there he could have dived in and saved him- there was a gravel shore right there.

Philza sighed and stepped into Tommy's Nether portal.

I at least have to see how bad his living conditions were.

The wind was almost as cold as the tundra.

Why did Dream have to put his exile so close to a wintery forest and a beach? . Of course it was going to get freezing cold in the fall.

He must have been so cold.

Cold and alone.

"That's awful. This is fucking awful."

Philza hated this.

He entered Logstishire.

Ghostbur built it surprisingly well- you can't feel the windchill.

The door to the house was left open, no doubt from Tubbo and Ranboo.

The bed seemed out of place and new.

Startlingly enough the blankets where warm.

At first Philza though someone had just got out of the bed, but a closer inspection revealed something he was not pleased about.