Chapter 8

Mask

Kenji_Arts

Chapter 8: Wake

Summary:

Someone needs to plan a funeral.

Chapter Text

Tubbo closed the lid on his Your Tommy Compass, it was spinning wildly. No doubt a gear was damaged when he threw it against the wall.

Eret had added a lid and chain to the compass as a gift, it allowed for Tubbo to store it like a pocket watch.

He had been awfully nice. Tubbo still didn't know how to feel about him- but he was very thankful for the emotional help he had been when Tubbo was perhaps at his lowest he's ever been.

"So you're thinking of hosting a funeral?" Eret asked as he looked over at the chess table in Tubbos office, the black knight was missing.

"Yea... It's been about a month since Tommy died. I'm kinda way overdue to giving him a funeral."

"Well you where morning," Eret walked over to Tubbo's desk that he was sitting at.

"Still kinda am haha" Tubbo chuckled with a hint of sadness in his voice.

...

"I think a funeral would be nice," Eret looked at the music box in the corner of the room, "Where would It take place?"

"Well, we could have a celebration at the exile land."

"Celebration?"

"Yea! To celebrate all the good times we've had with him, remember the good times before things... got bad."

"So it's to reminisce about the past."

"Yes"

"I was honestly expecting you would have it at L'Mantree." Eret looked out the window towards the tree.

"That's probably where I'm going to put his grave. It would be perfect." Tubbo had a sad smile on his face.

"Well if you end up having the funeral, I'd definitely be there."

"Thank you."

Eret turned back to Tubbo, "You said that It was very cold at the island last time you where there, has it gotten warmer?"

Tubbo nodded.

"Yes, Ranboo and I checked it a few days ago, It's gotten warmer." That seemed odd to Eret. But maybe the weather was just very different over there.

"Alright. When do you plan on it happening?"

"In two weeks."

***

"A funeral? That would probably be a good idea." Fundy said as he looked at the message board that was hung up in the centre of L'Manburg.

"Yea that's probably the best course of action. At the very least It would help Tubbo on getting back on track with his presidential duties. I'm getting tired of dealing with most of the papers. And Eret acting like a mother hen to Tubbo is just giving me such a headache." Quackity rubbed his forehead, this month has been so hectic.

"So are you guys going to the funeral?" Ranboo's tall looming shadow startled the two.

"AH!!" Fundy jumped back, "JESUS RANBOO don't do that!"

"Oh my god! Ranboo-" Quackity jumped back as well.

"Do what?"

"Sneak up on us like that!" Fundy held his hand over his chest.

"He's an Enderman, he can't help that he's naturally silent!" Quackity said as he smoothed out his ruffled arm feathers.

"Oh sorry about that. Haha-"

"Yea yea we're going to the funeral, not only would It be rude not too, but Tommy was our friend." Quackity said as he turned back to the notice board.

"Exactly! And Niki said she was going to make some cakes!." Fundy said as his tail wagged a bit at the thought of Niki's cakes.

"Oh! Yea, because were having a Wake on the island before the funeral. That would be nice."

...

"Oh no." Quackity's face turned pale.

"What?"

"Something wrong, Quackity?" Ranboo tilted his head.

"Techno's going to legally be allowed to be there." Quackity gulped as he glanced over at a certain wanted poster.

"Oh that's neat." Ranboo was friends with Techno, it would be cool to be able to talk to all his friends at once.

"No Ranboo that's not neat!" Fundy wined.

"Oh god, he's going to blame the government for Tommy's death- ITS BEEN A MONTH HE PROBABLY HAS SEVEN WITHERS READY!" Quackity grabbed his head and started pacing nervously.

"W-what? Do you guys really think Techno would disgrace his little brother's funeral like that?"

"YES!" They both shout.

Ranboo wasn't liking this.

"Well, Philza will be there so I'm sure he wouldn't want his son ruining the funeral- even if it was for revenge."

They both sighed and grumbled like upset kids.

"Hey, where has Philza been??" Quackity barked.

"He-he's with Techno and Ghostbur." Fundy said hesitantly.

"PHILZAS WITH THE TRAITOR?!" Quackity was not having a good time.

"He's with his family! He just lost his son- they're allowed to mourn with their family- even if one of them is a criminal."

"Wait, Fundy aren't you Wilburs son? Shouldn't you be with them right now?" Ranboo had written down that Fundy was part of Philzas family- so shouldn't he be with them right now?

Fundy's ears went down slightly.

"Y-yea its, its um... It's complicated..."

Well, this was awkward.

...

"Sorry."

"We should probably see what we need to do for preparations for the Wake." Quackity said fumbling through his inventory.

"Yea, I'll go talk to Tubbo about what's going to be needed." Fundy walked past them to Tubbo's office- which happened to be held up in Fundy's house.