Chapter 19

Mask

Kenji_Arts

Chapter 19: Mending

Summary:

Dream tries to find a way to mend his precious enchantment.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The two figures walked in silence.

Both minds too busy thinking to speak.

Tommy felt like his vision kept blurring over.

What the hell did that interaction with Tubbo do to him?

The river's waves kept splashing.

It was annoying.

Something was tugging at Tommy to take off his bandanna.

But he didn't want to do that. It was Dream's gift after all.

Dream is my friend.

Dream will help me.

We just need to get to the stronghold.

...

"Focus Tommy. We'll be at the Stronghold soon."

Tommy shook his head in an attempt to keep his vision steady.

He walked by a lake.

He stopped as he saw his reflection.

...

...

When did he look like that? His right eye was half-closed. How? He can see perfectly fine-

Was this really the first time he's seen his reflection since Dream saved him from the lava?

Tommy touched the huge scar on his face.

Is that why Tubbo looked horrified when he saw me - A shearing cold pain went through his neck and spine.

The river was freezing cold.

"Tommy, I told you to focus."

Tommy rushed over to catch up to Dream.

"I'm sorry."

Dream looked at Tommy up and down.

"How's the river?"

"It's cold. And very violent."

Dream nodded and thought to himself.

"Don't worry I can fix it once we get to the Stronghold."

Tommy sighed in relief at the thought of the river returning to its nice calming flow.

***

This was going to be annoying.

These little existential crises of his are going to be quite the nuisance If I don't solve his issue with Tubbo.

He was going to have to find a way to enhance the enchantment on Tommy.

Either that or he'd have to get rid of Tubbo himself.

...

Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

He'd much rather enjoy seeing the two ex-best friends fight to the death.

He sighed as he closed the ancient book.

He hated the fact that he could barely read the ancient texts.

He'd have to settle with forcing Tommy to eat a lot of golden apples to keep his absorption.

At least until he learned how to read End texts.

...

"What even are these texts?" Tommy asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ancient End texts made by the Admins. As an Admin descendant, I'm able to use these enchantments."

"Oh, cool. These words look a lot like the stuff Ranboo would write in his memory log."

...

"What?" This was news to Dream.

"Ranboo, he writes a memory log. He said it's a defect of him being half Enderman. And he writes like this."

Dream looked at the books. I guess that makes sense that an Enderman could read this. This is the End stronghold. And Enderman originates from the End...

"Your positive Ranboo can read and write in this language?"

"Well, yeah. Ranboo had a fuck ton of books, one day I was curious and tried to read from it. Only to find dumb, gibberish like this." Tommy said as he tossed a book on one of the tables.

"Hmm, alright." Dream stood up from his chair and tossed a Gapple over to Tommy, "Make sure to always have these on you from now on. Don't run out of the absorption effect from the Gapples."

Tommy nodded and bit into one of the Gapples.

"Are we going on another mission?"

"Yep." Dream equipped his sword as they walked out of the Library, "we've got an Enderman to catch."

Notes:

yo, question, do yall actually want more of this?