Chapter 17

Mask

Kenji_Arts

Chapter 17

Summary:

Someone's world has just been broken.

Notes:

ogga booga, no more cover images cuz thats draining me to much with all the other shit i do.

Chapter Text

Tubbo felt the world standstill. The screaming voices of his citizens and the SMP guests were nothing but muffled voices.

All this time.

Tommy had a lodestone compass of me...

And It was in almost perfect condition-

Tommy took very good care of it and he-

He broke it...

Right in front of me...

Tubbo reached a shaky hand towards the broken pieces.

The center of the compass had a little bee pattern on it- paralleling the disc pattern the other compass had.

He held the broken compass in his hands

Someone picked him up.

"Tubbo we have to go now!!" Ranboo's Enderman strength and height coming in handy with picking the small Tubbo up.

Tubbo couldn't help but stare at the spot Tommy last stood.

Tommy was right there.

Tubbo felt the drastic shift in temperatures as he was brought into the Nether. He didn't care at this point how bad he looked politically, being carried across the Nether would definitely be seen as an embarrassment.

"OH MY GOD." Quackity screamed in horror as L'Manburg came into view. TNT could be seen within the houses.

"Check underground-check underground!" Fundy commanded as he ran towards the sewers.

Tubbo was set down as soon as they entered L'Manburg.

Philza could be heard laughing.

"IS THIS FUNNY TO YOU PHILZA??" Quackity ran up to him filled with rage.

"As a matter of fact, yes! You guys didn't even have citizens protecting your country! Your president just released Dream's very own protege- your country is doomed! And it's all your own fault! That's hilarious!" Philza stated back with his wings outstretched.

"Tommy wouldn't be Dreams protege, IF YOU AND TECHNOBLADE JUST TOLD US ABOUT THIS INVESTIGATION OF YOURS!"

"They said that they didn't know for sure if Tommy was even alive-"

"Whose side are you on Ranboo?!" Quackity whipped his gaze to Ranboo.

"I-I'm not on a side, I just don't want my friends to be fighting right now! We all have a situation that needs to be dealt with!" Ranboo said as he made a stand for once.

"Hm. Yea you guys deal with your L'Manburg, I'm meeting Techno to get my son back."

"w-What. Philza you LIVE IN L'MANBURG!" Quackity was losing his mind talking with Phil.

"I only stayed for Ghostbur and Information. L'Manburg is no longer useful to my task at hand."

"...Where is Ghostbur?" Tubbo asked as he held the compasses in hand and looked up to Philza.

"... He's with me," Philza glanced down at the compasses, "The one with the chain might be repairable- but that other one isn't worth it."

"That's okay, thats the one that would lead to me..." Tubbo put away the Your Tubbo compass, and continued to hold the Y our Tommy compass, "This one leads to him- If Ghostbur could..."

"Tubbo what are you asking?" Quackity didn't like it when Tubbo made decisions without consoling the cabinet.

"I can take it to him. If this will help us find Tommy then we'll find a way to fix it." Philza took the compass in his hand, "I'll give it back to you after we fix it."

"Thank yo-"

"There's no way it's that simple," Quackity walked between Tubbo and Philza, "What are you plotting to do with that?"

"Copy the code, I'll make a duplicate after we repair it." Quackity scowled, "This will be a very useful tool for finding my son and nursing him back to his fiery annoying self."

"So why would you waste the Netherite to make a duplicate and give the original back to Tubbo?"

"His decision to let Tommy out got us out of the annoying argument we were having." Philza said with a chuckle.

Quackity scowled once more.

"Fine."

Tubbo handed the compass to Philza.

Philza took this as his cue to leave. He tucked his wings back under his cape and headed back towards the Nether.

"Tubbo what the hell?" Quackity asked with a defeated sigh.

"Quackity-" Ranboo tried to cut in.

"No! No! What the hell Tubbo? You're supposed to be the PRESIDENT you can't be making irrational decisions without notifying the cabinet!"

"I've regretted choosing L'Manburg over Tommy's friendship from day one- im NOT making that same mistake again!" Quackity tried to interrupt him, "If we don't save Tommy L'Manburg will be destroyed- Tommy is my top priority. You can criticize me later when I step down from presidency after this whole thing is done while the elections take place."

Quackity's eyes widened.

"You're stepping down?"

"The role of president was never meant for a 17-year-old." Tubbo said with a straight face.

"I- yes. I guess it isn't."

Quackity looked back to L'Manburg. "Just promise me you won't destroy L'Manburg for Tommy."