Chapter 14

Mask

Kenji_Arts

Chapter 14: Assailant

Summary:

Someone makes a grave mistake in irrational decisions.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

)

The river was frozen still.

...

They were all here.

...

They didn't notice him yet.

...

They were all giving their attention to something.

...

Someone.

***

"I wanted to first thank you all for coming to this special event. Today we have gathered to rejoice in the memories of a friend." Tubbo took a moment to compose himself, "To help us say goodby." He was very thankful that everyone was being silent and paying their respects.

"Tommy led his life in conflict, but one thing he knew how to do was stick up for his friends. He knew our value, even if we didn't know his." His voice began to break "We saw him as a nuisance at times, but he's what brought us together." Fundy placed a L'Manburg bannister flag above the empty coffin. "During the war for L'Manburg's independence, we were losing, and we were about to fall and be conquered. But Tommy stepped up and made a sacrifice." Tubbo quickly looked at Eret, "He challenged Dream to a duel. He fought for our Independence with one of his most prized possessions, one of his disks, on the line." He placed his hand on the coffin. "He lost his disk to Dream, but even when he suffered defeat he-" A red blur and a clash of a sword broke the heartfelt silence.

Tubbo fell onto his backside with a yelp as he saw Eret holding a shield up against a Netherite sword.

The holder wore full Netherite armour and a white mask.

It practically screamed DREAM.

"What the hell?!" Tubbo shrieked. Several people loaded their crossbows ready to fire-

"No you muffin heads! You'll shoot Tubbo!" Bad screeched as he shoved Skeppy's crossbow down.

"Listen here, you're surrounded by skilled fighters you need to back dow-" The figure pulled out a trident attempting to stab Eret mid-speech.