Chapter 29

Mask

Kengi_Bengi

Chapter 29: Advanced interrogation

Summary:

Punz spills the beans

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

For the first time in a long time, Sam felt angry.

No, he wasn't angry, he was furious.

Everyone was.

Well, everyone but Punz.

Punz was rather pleased.

“That's all you guys wanted to know right?” Punz said as he counted all of his Diamonds and Netherite within his shulker box he got from Drista, when they where last present in their world.

Eret let out a sigh.
“Yes Punz, that's all we needed from you. You can leave.”

“Very well, I look forward to being on the battlefield with you against Dream.”

Punz took no time to leave as Quackity glared into the back of his skull.

The air was tense.

Sam had to lean against the wall.

“Dream… He… How could he do that… he was just- Tommy’s just a kid-” Sam felt overwhelmed for the first time in years.

“Of course Dream would fucking do that. I never trusted that bastard- god damn it! Why did we let him take Tommy away when he was exiled?!” Quackity paced around the room as he grabbed his head.

“This explains why I was able to interfere with L’Manburg while Tubbo was mourning, I always wondered why Dream wasn’t there to stop me .” Eret said as he pondered their newly found information.

“Would it have been better If Dream was at L’Manburg at that time?” Sam mumbled.

“What? And Tommy benign dead?? With Tubbo isolating himself in his grief?!” Puffy snapped.

“I- of course not! I just- this isn’t right. It shouldn’t have gone like this!” Sam said as he fumbled with his stance.

“Of course it shouldn’t have gone like this!-” Puffy retorted back.

“Oh and how should it have gone then?!” Quackity barked as he walked up to the creeper hybrid.

“Not like this! Tommy was just supposed to be exiled! Not Tortured and turned into a mindless weapon!- Dream had me make a prison in case Tommy escaped or got out of hand- but I wasn't expecting this!”

“You built this prison for Tommy?” Eret asked calmly compared to the others, ”The one we are in right now?”

“Yes, Dream… he paid me to build this… But..”

“But?” Quackity was still rather impatient.

“I- I see now that It was just a distraction so he could get to Tommy…”

“What do you mean by distraction?” Puffy inclined.

“I had visited Tommy on his first day of exile- I gave him permission to find shelter in my house if he needed it and… Dream must have found out-”

“And that's why he had you spend all your time building this prison.” Eret said with a sigh.

Quackity grumbled in annoyance.

...

“So what are we supposed to do now? Do we need to change our battle plans or something?” Quackity didn't like the silence.

“Well, I don’t think it should change anything- all we know now is what Tommy went through, we still don't know why Tommy joined Dream.” Eret stated back,acting as the most level headed participant of the sparse conversation.

“The most noticeable difference in our attack is that Punz is now on our side- so one less person to fight.” Puffy started walking out of the prison, the rest instinctively following. Sam took the lead to activate the contraptions.

“Wait, So now it's literally just Dream?” Quackity asked.

“And Tommy.” Eret said while trailing behind.

“Well no- where going to save him obviously.” Puffy corrected.

“How? If we don’t know how or why Tommy is with him we won't be able to convince him to leave Dream- and I’d rather not kill a child.” Sam said in a rather deflated tone.

Eret tried not to think about Tommy’s lives

“Well, hopefully Tubbo finds out something with Ranboo, and the fugitives .” Quackity said, the bitterness towards Technoblade and Philza seeping through his words.

“I can message Tubbo soon to see If Techno and Phillza have said anything, they seemed willing to let Tubbo help them.” Puffy sated as she started typing up a message.

Quackity shook his head, sighing in disapproval.
“I swear Tubbo shouldn’t be conversing with those terrorists- he's literally the president of the place that-!”

“I think Tubbo’s already put that behind him.” Sam said as he lowered the bridge down back into lava.

“And you probably should too especially If you want to consider running for president after him.” Eret said, chiming in.

“Oh yea because he's forgiven you too right?” Everyone could agree Quackity had been on edge.

“No-”

They all stopped in their tracks when a message appeared in each of their feeds.

Notes:

WOH OH whats this? was this hapening at the same time as the last chapter??

yes yes it was.