Chapter 24

Mask

Kengi_Bengi

Chapter 24: Just out of Reach

Summary:

Two long lost friends reunite in an unfortunate way

Notes:

sorry, college is getting real hectic,

along with the fact that i am trying to move out of my mothers house to live with my Dad [my moms like Dream in this story hahah- self projecting pog] so im trying to save up money,

If you guys would consider donating to my ko-fi that would be very pog and help with my anxiety

Chapter Text

Tubbo quickly ran through the spruce wood forest, Captain Puffy trailing a few feet behind.

Their Netherite armour shined in the reflections of the iced over snow.

Captain puffy quickly rushed ahead of Tubbo and stopped him in his tracks.

"Puffy! What are you-"

"Geez Tubbo, watch where you're going! Someone's house is right out there in the open- and that's not a villagers house."

"Dream!-"

"Or Technoblade." Puffy said as they shoved Tubbo to the bush nearby.

"Hear something?" Philza asked as he tried to look in the same direction.

"I thought I heard footsteps." Tommy said as he almost stared directly at Tubbo.

Tubbo felt a wave of relief wash over as he saw Tommy's eyes weren't clouded over like last time.

"You mean Friend that's right by your feet?" Philza said with a chuckle.

Tommy looked down to see a baby blue sheep playing with his red cape.

He yoinked the cape away.

"Hey! That's mine!" Tommy stepped closer to Phill.

Phill couldn't help but chuckle.

"Ghostbur has been staying with us Tommy, he didn't move on."

"Oh then he was probably just my ally."

Philza felt the tense air thicken as they continued their walk

"Ghostbur said Dream told him to stay away from you."

"No, Dream wouldn't do that."

"What about the Library Tommy. He scared you didn't he?" Techno said from over his shoulder.

Tommy felt uncomfortable.

"Well he was- Its... I don't know. Someone stole his books, he liked those books. It's not his fault he got upset."

"He shouldn't lash out at you." Technoblade huffed back.

"Well Dream-"

"A friend wouldn't do that Tommy," Philza said as he maintained observation.

"I- he...." Tommy was not liking his feelings right now, "He would have apologized... Right?"

Philza just sighed. Wishing Tommy was comfortable enough to accept hugs.

"Lets keep going." Techno said as he checked his coordinates again.

...

...

They all walked in silence.

Tubbo so badly wanted to just grab Tommy and run out of there. But both Captain Puffy and Tubbo knew they would never make it out alive if they tried.

All he could do is watch his friend be lead to some unknown place by two, fully armored, highly trained warriors.

"Oh, a desert. That's definitely where we need to be." Philza said as the desert came into view.

"Tsk, Typical. It's all out in the open. No way to double cross him." Technoblade said with a scowl.

"Let's just hope he doesn't double cross us. " Phill said as he felt his grip on Tommy's hand tighten.