Chapter 11

Mask

Kenji_Arts

Chapter 11: The River

Summary:

We get to learn a bit more about what keeps Dreams "Friend" loyal to him.

Chapter Text

“There. Now even If you try to scratch at your arms- the bandages will stop you.” Dream let Tommy’s arms go.

Tommy slowly touched the bandages along his arm- feeling the slight pressure change on his skin due to his sensitivity.

“Your burn marks might become an issue in battle If we don't heal the nerve damage to an optimal point.”

“Optimal?” Tommy was now testing his grip strength with his new bandages.

“There's no way your skin can ever go back to normal.”

Tommy didn’t care about that.

“But we can get the skin to a point where it's only slightly more sensitive than the rest of your body.”

“But why do I need that?”

The river was murky.

“So you can wear armour for long periods of time without it irritating your skin and causing blisters.”

“I fucking hate blisters.”

“Hah, good I didn’t think you would like them.”

The river was clear and calm.

***

Dream sat in the library with Tommy trying to decipher more books.

Dream was deciphering more about the Enchantment that kept his friend loyal to him. It kept mentioning something weird with “being in water”, which was odd to say the least. Maybe he has some of the text wrong?