Chapter 16: The Lone Wolf

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 16: The Lone Wolf

He couldn't help but think of her. Looking over, the Alpha glanced at his mate as she busily chatted with Nik.

Anna was absolutely stunning, even though he would never admit it.

Smooth pale skin, matched with dark chocolate hair. How was he able to resist?

He studied her body, lingering on her hips. Everything about her enticed him.

Bringing his eyes back up to her face, he could see Anna was very interested in what Niklaus was saying.

Her eyes were crinkled as if she was trying to understand. Her body leaned into the beta slightly, a sign she was more than comfortable around him.

Maksim wondered if she ever looked that interested in him as he spoke.

I'm not jealous. I don't want her, and even if I did, it would only put her in danger. Maksim thought.

Walking back up to his beta and the girl, Maksim noticed them stop talking.

"Svetlana will be here within a few weeks." He stated.

Nik's smirk widened. "Fantastic."

Anna giggled at his expression. He was so full of mischief.

"Are you fond of Svetlana, Nik?" She asked, innocently.

"She's stunning and if it wasn't for my need to make her time here as unbareable as possible, I would definitely poluchit' s neye. (Get with her- Russian) Nik bragged.

Anna laughed as she heard a deadly growl come from behind her. Apparently, Maks didn't take too kindly to Nik's statement.

It amazed her how Nik always knew exactly how to rile the Alpha up.

Upon hearing Maksim's warning growl, an idea popped into Nik's head.

Leaning in closer to AnnaLee, Nik rested his strong hand on her knee. He chuckled at how innocent she was, for his luna hadn't even noticed the small gesture.

To bad Nik couldn't say the same for his alpha.

Maksim watched his beta's hand sit on his mate. The alpha's skin started to crawl. He would never want another male touching his mate, but normally he wouldn't react so strongly, though lately it had become harder for him to maintain his control.

He knew he couldn't react. That's all Nik truly wanted... A reaction. Nik wanted him to accept his mate... his luna, and this was just his twisted way of helping.

"YA khotel by poluchit' s vami tozhe, yesli eto ne bylo dlya moyey al'fa." (I would get with you too if it wasn't for my alpha.- Russian) Nik murmered.

Maksim could feel the same black veil being pulled over his eyes, making him loose control of everything.

He was becoming predatory and didn't know who would end up being his prey.

_____________________________________________________