Author's Note

Boy, if you guys are still keeping track of this story after months with no updates, I love you. I am sorry to keep you all waiting, and I think its time to be honest.

Let me explain myself...

I started writing this story 2 years ago. My grandpa, who was my best friend, had just passed away and I was very torn inside. One night, when I was supposed to be asleep, I imagined this entire world where werewolves and humans co-existed. Now, this was probably due to the fact that I just turned sixteen and was a werewolf-loving, Wattpad junky. But this wasn't just any story that I created. Oh no, this was my story. 

The story of Anna and Maksim is a story of my 16 year old fantasy. (which im sure most of you can relate to) I was reading so many wattpad stories about werewolves and mates, but none of them were what I wanted. Most were very cliche. The boy loves the girl, is super overprotective, and they fall in love or the boy is abusive and mean until he falls in love with the girl. I hated both of these. I didn't want a boy to be in love with me as soon as he saw me just because "the moon-goddess says so", and I definetely didn't want to be abused. 

No, I created my own story with my own, personal emotions embedded into each and every character. I can give you an answer to everything.

Why did Anna run out of her grandfather's funeral? Because I ran out of my grandfather's house when he passed away. I ran and didn't stop. You might of thought it wasn't very realistic that Anna ran to the woods, but that's where I ran. It was the only way to get back home.

Why is Anna so sickeningly sweet? Because I have always pushed myself to be the kindest person I can be.

Why can't Anna and Maksim just love each other already? Because love doesn't just magically happen. You have to work at it. Every relationship I have had in my life (not just romantic) has had some type of bump in the road. I personally don't want a love that's easy. I want a love that's thrilling and exciting. A love that you can grow and mature with... Plus, I love drama. (in books of course)

Why am I telling you all this?

Because I really have put my heart into this book. There are so many peices of me in here that I couldn't even point them all out to you. This book has helped me heal and grieve my grandpa's death. I wrote everything down that I felt and put it in Anna's point of view. 

Mon Amour, is my 16 year old dream come to life. That's why I love it, but also why i'm having trouble finishing it for you.

I was 16 when I started writing this book. I had a few friends and a whole lot of spare time. I had little fantasies of this fairytale world that I could escape in and that I so desperately wanted to be apart of.

Now, I'm eighteen and officially starting college. I am learning how to be an adult and the dream world I used to be apart of is long gone. Now my dreams are different. I fantasize about my own life and what the future holds for me. 

I will always be the creative writer that can come up with an interesting story on the fly, but gone is the girl who wishes she could become the story herself. I have to much I want to do in life to leave it behind.

Still, there is an unimaginable need to finish this story. It is the first book I've ever tried to write. I also feel an obligation to my grandfather, because this book was written for him.

And then there is Anna and Maksim. How could I ever create such beautifully strong characters and not give them the ending they deserve? It would be an injustice.

Even though I feel like I've outgrown this story, I know it has to be finished. Please, comment and vote and write on my page. Even message me. I could use a boost of motivation. 

I'm off to go work on the next chapter.

Love you guys.