C H A P T E R 1

— • —

Chapter 1

The MC is a gong (top), so don't be confused because I have already reminded you guys in the prologue. Enjoy reading! )

"Filthy!"

"Why are you a disciple of our Yun Sect?!"

"You're a disgrace to our Yun Sect's reputation!"

"Just drop dead already!"

"Worse than a beggar!"

"A dog is much more useful than you!"

"Your existence is a stain in our Yun Sect!"

Lian Ren stared at the people wearing a plain white robe with elegant blue cloud embroidery on the hem who were yelling at him nonstop with such vulgar words. He lowered his gaze at his hand, which was quite slim and small, unstained with blood, and full of innocence. One of the Yun Sect disciples who was mocking him nonstop picked up a random stone and threw it in his direction.

"Just die!"

The immense wave of killing intent surged through Lian Ren's direction; his body responded in instinct and slightly tilted his head to dodge the stone. The stone, enveloped with mixed white and blue spiritual qi, pierced through the tree like a sharp arrow.

"Y-you!" The disciples of Yun Sect took a step back while staring at him with an alarmed expression.

Lian Ren stared back at them with his bloodshot eyes. The pupils of his eyes radiated a bright blue glow, followed by a faint blue spiritual qi dancing all over his body, enveloping him like a fierce wind filled with a large amount of bloodlust. The disciples of Yun Sect trembled in intimidation and ran away from him.

"Filthy beggar! We'll make you pay for this!"

"We're not scared at all by your weak spiritual qi!"

"You're lower than a dog!"

"We'll tell Shizun about this!"

( in case you don't know, Shizun in Chinese means Master. )

Lian Ren slightly paused when he heard the word Shizun; his glowing, bright blue eyes slightly twinkled, and the blue spiritual qu dancing around him swayed aggressively like a beast excited to eat his prey. Lian Ren slowly stood up and stared at his plain white robe, embroidered with elegant blue clouds on its hem, and the sword embedded in his silver waist belt.

"Why am I here? Is this an illusion? I came back when I was only a disciple of the Yun Sect." Lian Ren murmured to himself while wandering his eyes over the surroundings.

The weather was cloudy, and the breeze was slightly cold but gentle. The trees were slightly swaying, and the leaves were making a low rustling sound, as were the bushes and grasses on the ground. Lian Ren crossed his arms and snorted; his face was full of confusion and astonishment as he stared at his boots while pondering about the situation he was in.

He was seventeen when he was recruited as a disciple of Yun Sect, so it means that he turned back when he was only seventeen. Even if Lian Ren was filled with bewilderment, he tried to adjust to the situation and think of a solution on how to go back to his original time.