C H A P T E R 8

— • —

Chapter 8

( A/N : Yassss!!! Holidays are now gone so let's go back on updating this one! Enjoy reading! (๑˃̵ ᴗ ˂̵)

The three stood still, not daring to make any reckless moves in front of the demon gate. Xin Mei's small and slender hand flinched as she slowly formed a purple sharp arrow using her spiritual qi, but Shao Ling immediately faced her direction and made a blow on his pale hands. A cold wind passed through Xin Mei's direction, and the arrow that was made with purple spiritual qi was destroyed in an instant, as if it were a fragile fire on a candle that was blown.

Xin Mei glanced at her shizun with a concerned expression. "But Shizun...."

"Shh," Shao Ling simply responded, placing his index finger between his thin coral lips.

Lian Ren only stood behind and watched the two, who were still undecided about what to do. Judging from the brightness of the demon gate as well as it's demonic energy, it was clear that the demon gate was a high-tier one, and the three of them couldn't just kill the ghosts lurking inside of it and destroy it afterwards because Lian Ren knew what would happen if they did it.

Lian Ren crossed his hands and heaved a heavy breath, staring at the whirling green demon gate with a disapproving expression. He was always doing a mission like this in his past life, and one time, he and his seniors encountered a high-tier demon gate at the border of the Yun Sect.

Lian Ren was still weak and ignorant at that time; much more, he was only a handicap at that time because he was assigned to carry the baggage of his seniors, and he didn't know much about the martial arts of the Yun Sect.

His seniors were greedy and immediately eliminated the ghosts because they knew that destroying a high-tier demon gate could give you a valuable prize; you could even get a martial weapon or maybe a high-tier cultivation pill from it.

After eliminating all the ghosts lurking all over the borders of the Yun Sect, his seniors immediately destroyed the demon gate, causing four hundred to five hundred citizens to die after a large explosion and destroying the border of the Yun Sect, causing monsters and demons to infiltrate the Yun Sect.

Half of Lian Ren's seniors died from the explosion, and the remaining ones except him were punished and banished from the Yun Sect with their martial arts destroyed. Lian Ren was able to survive at that time because Xin Mei and Jian Jie were on his back, defending him from Shao Ling, who was about to punish him after the damage done by the Yun Sect.

But after Lian Ren became the Frost Demon, he could easily destroy demons and underworld gates. He still has his cultivation, but he can't recklessly show it to Xin Mei and Shao Ling because it would be a bad idea, knowing that Shao Ling despises demonic arts or any evil in the world.

Xin Mei put her long bow on her back and remained staring at the demon gate while she spoke, "Shizun, what do we do? It's good that we're the ones who were assigned on this mission because if it were the other childish disciples, the Yun Sect would've been damaged."

Shao Ling seemed to agree with her and replied, "Infuse talismans first so that the ghosts won't come out."

Lian Ren's lips secretly curled as he stared at his shizun, amazed by how Shao Ling quickly decided on things without wasting time. "Yes, Shizun." Xin Mei replied and stepped back on the demon gate. Her spatial ring glowed, and a bunch of golden talismans appeared on her palms, radiating a bit of a purple spiritual qi.

Xin Mei spread out the golden talismans and threw them in the demon gate's direction. She immediately positioned her hand in an incantation pose and started mumbling words. The floating golden talismans near the demon gate were illuminated by a purple fire one by one until all of them flared. Xin Mei straightened her spreading palms and made a slow pushing motion, making the golden talismans push forward more in the demon gate's direction.