C H A P T E R 1 8

— • —

Chapter 18

The remaining participants went to the center of the Qiang Lake, hoping for the lake to bestow them a holy sword as they poured their spiritual qi all over it. Some received a holy weapon, and some did not. After all of them were able to step to the center of the Qiang Lake to receive a holy weapon, the beautiful woman on the stage arena spoke.

"The participants who were able to receive a holy weapon are three hundred sixty-three in total. I congratulate the participants who are now able to proceed to the third round. The gate portal is still processing, so the participants must wait until I announce all of you to step out of the dimension."

"To think that only three hundred sixty-three were able to get a holy weapon..."

"Too bad for the one hundred thirty-seven cultivators who weren't able to get one."

"I'm so envious! They will go back to their Peaks and Sects with a holy weapon in their hands!"

"And it's also surprising that so many of the participants can proceed to the third round."

"You're right. I thought it would only be just one hundred or fifty."

Lian Ren stared down at his holy weapon, his thick brows knitting into a slight frown. It was just the handle of the sword, but Lian Ren knew that the deep blue spiritual gem embedded in the sword handle was powerful, and it made him even more. I never received any of this in my past life. Is it because I didn't participate? Or maybe it's because of my foundation that it stayed within my soul. The competition is very easy for me. Isn't it just a simple spiritual Qi? Maybe I released it wrong? But I know it's not a mistake, so how did I get such a high-quality holy weapon?

"L-Lian Ren Shidi..." Lian Ren shifted his gaze to Xin Mei, who was wearing a forced smile on her face and a hint of sympathy on her expression. "It's okay! Too bad that you received a holy weapon. It's going to be fine!~ This Shijie knows that Lian Ren Shidi is strong even if you don't have a holy weapon! Cheer up!"

Lian Ren raised his eyes and replied, "Really? Is it broken?"

Xin Mei bent down to stare at his holy weapon and observed it as she replied, "Yes, it's broken! Though that deep blue spiritual gem is very pretty, I can't sense any spiritual qi or even demonic qi in your weapon. Holy weapons must have energies in them, but yours doesn't have any."

Lian Ren frowned at what she said. She couldn't sense it. I can sense the energy on this handle. Much more is that the energy is flowing out because it's too much. And yet she can't see it? Lian Ren stared at the handle of his sword and tilted his hand to see the back of the handle, which was carved with symmetric designs with clouds. But what caught his attention was the carving of the dragon with glowing blue eyes that looked like a gem.

The energy flowing out of the sword handle was neither spiritual qi nor demonic qi; it was very complicated. It has a warm energy but is also mixed with sinister energy at the same time, as if spiritual qi and demonic qi were mixed. However, Lian Ren knew that mixing righteous energy and evil energy was impossible. Because in the yin and yang, there is always a boundary splitting them apart, and mixing the two of them can lead to self-destruction. Or death.

Lian Ren frowned as he stroked the symmetrical carvings of the sword handle in a daze. Could it be that both spiritual qi and demonic qi are residing in this holy weapon but are not mixed together? I knew that it was possible because I could do that too. What kind of barrier is splitting them apart?