C H A P T E R 2 4

— • —

Chapter 24

Ha.... In the end, we weren't able to plan even a single thing. Lian Ren stared at the soulless bodies of the Ghost Generals on the ground. The black smoke that was covering their bodies was already gone, and their faces were now exposed. Some were generals from imperial kingdoms who fought countless wars throughout history; some were renowned humble warriors, and some were cultivators. Lian Ren glowered at the lifeless bodies of the Ghost Generals on the ground. Look at them... They were living a good life, and now they're reduced to this. Pathetic.

Lian Ren shifted his head at Shao Ling, who was leaning on a tree. Shao Ling lightly raised his hand to call out to his fan, removing the blood stains using the hem of his robe. "Shizun, are you okay?" Lian Ren asked, walking towards him with his lips pursed.

"Of course I am." Shao Ling replied as he arched his brows. "Who do you think I am? Am I that weak to you?" He said with his brows knitted into a frown.

"No," Lian Ren replied. I was just asking...

"We wouldn't be able to make a plan now," Shao Ling said with a frown as he examined his fan. "Prepare for battle. There are more coming soon. Let's take this as an opportunity to go straight to that man's base as soon as possible instead of waiting and hiding here."

"Right." Lian Ren agreed and followed him from behind.

Shao Ling glanced at him with his brows arched and redirected his gaze at toe road as he continued to walk. "You came here with me. Make sure to put yourself to good use."

"Yes," Lian Ren replied. I can't go against Shizun's temperament right now... Defeating that bastard is much more important, so I'll go along with him for the time being.

Lian Ren glanced at his chest as he continued to follow Shao Ling from behind, lost in his thoughts. I sealed my demonic core, so I won't be able to use it for the time being. I never expected this to happen, so let's just endure the use of spiritual qi. After Lian Ren killed the Gluttony Ghost in his past life, his brother, the Sin of Wrath, came out of the Mortal Realm to hunt for him. Lian Ren wasn't able to have a decent fight with the Ghost of Wrath at that time because he was in a bad mood, so he aimed straight at his soul and killed him instantly. In the end, Lian Ren has no clue about the Ghost of Wrath except for his ability and his face.

Seductive laughter and enticing screams were heard all over the Ghost of Wrath's buildings. In his chamber, many women were lying on the massive black bed, wearing thin clothes and them rouges on their pretty pale faces. Every move they made was seductive and graceful, and any man could easily fall in love with them. The beautiful women were clinging to a man lying at the center of the bed; some were caressing his face, some were pinching the muscles on his arm, and some were touching his chest. A fire of lust was shown in these women's eyes.

"My Lord!~"

"My Lord, are you in a bad mood tonight?"

"My Lord, you're becoming more and more handsome these days!"

"Come and have fun with us, My Lord!"