C H A P T E R 3 2

— • —

Chapter 32

"Uhmm." The Mount Hua Peak Master's direct disciple, Yin Meng, stood frozen as soon as she approached the peak's gate, looking nervous as soon as she saw Shao Ling and Lian Ren standing at the door. "G-Greetings, Yun Sect Master!" Yin Meng immediately greeted him as soon as she was taken aback. "Please come inside. I will report to Shizun that you arrived."

"You better not," Shao Ling replied to her. It hurts his pride, but he was not the type to barge into other people's Peaks or Sects. Shao Ling prefers to stay locked in his Azure Lotus Pavilion rather than visiting other people's territories. But since he has no choice because Yun Sect is far away from them, he has no choice but to swallow his pride and stay at Mount Hua Peak for the time being. "Your Master must've been busy."

"I see." Yin Meng nodded in a daze. "It seems that the Yun Sect Master is traveling. You're staying here for the time being, am I right?"

"Sao  Ling didn't reply; his brows turned into a slight frown, leaving Yin Meng panicking.

"A-Ah! Forgive me, Yun Sect Master! This humble one wasn't trying to offend you or anything." Yin Meng apologized, looking flustered and nervous.

"No, it's fine," Lian Ren responded since Shao Ling had no plan to respond to her. "And also, Senior Sister Yin Meng is right. Our Yun Sect is too far away, and we still need the Peak Master's consent to cross the barrier. So can we stay here for the time being? We swear that we won't cause trouble."

"Of course! Of course, you can!" Yin Meng exclaimed. "Also, this humble one doesn't mind even if the two of you cause trouble. I can clean up after it!" She started walking in the west direction and gestured to them, "Follow me, please. I will show you your room in my Master's stead. Since my Master loves researching about his certain obsession instead of attending ceremonies and competition, I, as his direct disciple, am taking care of the Peak in his stead. My Master is a crazy person."

I know. Shao Ling said it in his mind. He had known the Mount Hua Peak Master, the Darling of the Heavens, and the Legendary Wanderer even since he was a child in the Yun Sect. They are all childhood friends. They all practiced cultivation together with their respective attributes and Sect and Peak techniques, slept together in one room, and also passed the Rising Star Cultivation Battle together, receiving their honor and success. Of course, they are bound to be apart someday, since all of them have their own lives. And since they are all adults, they can now do whatever they want. But that doesn't mean that their childhood connection would disappear.

Shao Ling was always a quiet child, ever since he met the three of them. He and the Legendary Wanderer are alike, and because of that, they get along well. Shao Ling hates annoying people like the Darling of the Heavens and the Mount Hua Peak Master. The Darling of the Heavens was always a spoiled child, considering that he was once a prince. The Mount Hua Peak Master, on the other hand, was a very arrogant person because he possessed great talent and bloomed into a powerful power as soon as he awakened his spiritual qi, making him known in his childhood and recognized by the other Peaks and Sects. Despite their annoying personalities, Shao Ling didn't hate them. They still made memories when they were young, but he was still annoyed sometimes with the two's personalities.

The Legendary Wanderer grew up to be a mysterious man; the Darling of the Heavens grew up to be the Barrier Expert; the Mount Hua Peak Master grew up to be a seductive devil who was obsessed with getting stronger; and Shao Ling grew up inheriting the position of the Yun Sect Master. People in the mortal realm also call him "Ice Prince" because of his ice attributes as well as his personality. Shao Ling doesn't like being called by certain titles, but he has no choice because he wouldn't be able to control people. And also, his purpose in life is to protect the mortals of the lower realm from evil. So in the end, Shao Ling just ignored his title, "Ice Prince," and let it slide.