C H A P T E R 3 6

— • —

Chapter 36

With wrecked wood on the edges, windows that look like they've not been cleaned for a very long time, and a sturdy wooden double door placed at the center of the house, Lian Ren had never seen this place before, even though he traveled everywhere in his past life. The slave auction house was large enough to fit on a huge stage with a hundred people inside. However, the texture of the house is poor, but at the same time, it doesn't seem suspicious and seems like a hidden place to lurk. Lian Ren stood properly, walking straight to the door, when he realized that he had bumped into a bulky man who seemed hostile. Lian Ren frowned in bewilderment and stared at the bulky man who was glaring at him.

"Hey, young master kiddo, better watch your step or I'll kill you." The bulky man left him with glaring eyes. However, Lian Ren ignored his existence and was deep in thought. I thought I was inside a test... How come I'm visible in this dimension? Is it possible for an outsider to interfere in another dimension? I never saw this in demonic books or even in the Grand Temple or Yun Sect.

Lian Ren glanced left and right, tapping his left foot as he observed the people around the slave auction house. The slave auction house was separated from the main capital of the empire. Judging from the snow and the harsh, cold climate, the empire must be the Empire of Qiaochen. The Empire of Qiaochen is located in the northern mountains. They are known to have public schools to provide education to nobles, even commoners, and that is why most of the commoners travel from the harsh weather to Qiaochen's public school. The Empire of Qiaochen is known to have many scholars and also doctors. This empire is the main source of scholars and royal doctors all over the empires of the west, east, and south.

Lian Ren widened his palms and was about to summon an ice fairy when he realized that his meridians were closed and both of his spiritual and demonic cores were sealed when he tried to extract qi. According to the book, a challenger wouldn't be able to use energy inside a heavenly trial because of the strict rules that the caster made. Lian Ren withdrew his hand and rested it on his chin. If that is the case, he won't be able to do anything inside the dimension. Fighting with raw strength is also good, but it's troublesome for him, so it's better to keep a low profile than to wreak havoc while I find the exit of this dimension.

Lian Ren walked towards the cracked bench beside the slave auction house. He doesn't understand why he was dragged into this dimension. He intertwined his hands and stared down at his boots while thinking deeply about the reason why. He had thousands of battles in his past life. Is it a trial where he should defeat someone? Or a trial where he should retrieve something? Or maybe a trial where he will find the exit somewhere?

"Affection is the best gift that humans can receive, but for me, it can be the worst poison that I can give. Behold, child. See if you care for your Shizun after seeing the eye of the storm."

Lian Ren immediately stood up. That's right.... It has something to do with Shizun! Then.... This place is...

"Tsk! Hurry up and walk faster! We didn't feed you insects to walk this slowly!"

Lian Ren shifted his gaze to where the noise was coming from. He spotted the bulky man that he bumped into, who thought that he was the son of some nobleman who came here to buy slaves. The bulky man was frowning at the slaves, holding a leather whip in his hand. Lian Ren glanced at the slaves who were lining up. They were covered with shackles and a heavy chain around their wrists and ankles. In a pile of snow where anyone would get frostbite from the cold, the slaves were wearing nothing but old clothes and barefoot; swelling and wounds from the frostbite were seen from their feet. The slaves were walking in the slave auction house's direction, but the weight of the chains was hindering their speed, causing them to walk slowly like a tortoise on land.