C H A P T E R 4 7

— • —

Chapter 47

Lian Ren frowned at what the demon general said. He unsheathed his sword quietly, readying himself to turn around if the demon king was really behind them, but when he looked at his back, there was no one. What does she mean by your majesty? Is she.... referring to me?

"Miss, you got the wrong person."

Lian Ren froze and pondered a thought that he suddenly remembered. Yin Meng said that demons familiarize themselves with the demonic energy around them. Does that mean... The Demon King also has his ice attribute techniques.

The demon general was reaching out to him, filled with ecstasy on her flushed face. However, her face twisted into disbelief when Lian Ren released spiritual energy and tilted his head at her. "Who are you?! How do you have his majesty's? Impossible!" The demon general snarled, and her short nails immediately grew longer and sharper, enough to tear the flesh of a cultivator.

Shao Ling pulled Lian Ren's sleeves and whispered to him, "Don't come closer. Her nails contain poison."

"Yes, Shizun," Lian Ren replied with a big smile.

"Damn you! Damn you!!!" The demon general struggled with the chains wrapped in her body and opened her mouth. Her mouth contains breath that creates an illusion, so Shao Ling immediately infused spiritual qi into a golden talisman that he had and threw it into the demon general's mouth.

"Mmmmmmmphh! Mmmmmppphhhh!!"

"We better keep her mouth closed. We won't get anything from her," Shao Ling said as he brushed the dust in both of her hands. He was about to twist the door knob open when Lian Ren spoke from behind.

"Shizun, I have a memory reading technique."

"Shao  Ling stared blankly at him for a while before eventually getting a grip on himself. ".....I see."

"If Shizun is uncomfortable, you can step out of the room as you please."

"No," Shao Ling insisted. "It's better to see it for myself. Tell me every single detail of what you saw."

"Alright."

Lian Ren gazed down at the glaring demon general. His large hands gripped the demon's head tightly, followed by a beam of icy blue light radiating from the center of his palm.

"Arrrrgggghhhhh!"

The head of the demon general was slowly getting frozen. The ice stopped when the eyes of the demon eventually froze, and the demon lost consciousness. Lian Ren closed his eyes, and an image of reminiscence materialized inside his pitch-black vision.

It was a palace made of the bloodiest color of stone, down to the most pitch black. The image was gazing up at a blood-red throne. The window from above was radiating light from the ceiling of the hall, causing the people from below to be covered in the darkest shadow. Amid these shadows, a silhouette of a man was sitting on the throne, his glowing blood-red eyes staring back at the vision of the image.

"Heed my order."

"Yes, your majesty." The image spoke back.

That was the only fragment of memory that Lian Ren was able to see. He let go of the demon general's frozen head and heaved a heavy breath, turning around to see Shao Ling's anticipating expression. "I apologize, Shizun. I wasn't able to see the faces of the other demon generals, and there wasn't any information shown in the memory."