C H A P T E R 1 1

— • —

Chapter 11

Everything is spinning in Shao Ling's vision. He expected that his illness would eventually come back after a while; it was subsided by a miracle, but he didn't expect that it would come back quickly. He was still thankful that he was still alive and was spared by the Gluttony Ghost, but he couldn't be reassured for a long time.

However, Lian Ren's arrival was something he didn't expect. Despite the excruciating pain from his burning fever and the spinning vision, Shao Ling still opened his eyes to see Lian Ren also staring back at him, his eyes flaming with anger and his fist clenched tightly.

Shao Ling tried to open his mouth to say that Lian Ren should get out and ask for Xin Mei's whereabouts, but his chest suddenly tightened, and the supposed words that were about to come out of his mouth were replaced by a weakened groan of pain.

In a blink of an eye, Lian Ren was already in front of the Gluttony Ghost, spreading out his palms, which were already pale and filled with a burning cold. With a loud whooshing sound, the ice was slammed on one of the shelves inside the room when the Gluttony Ghost dodged it, and the shelf exploded into nothingness, bits of debris falling on the cold floor.

The gluttony ghost looked at me with a look of despair. Terror enveloped all over his body as he stared at Lian Ren's eyes, which radiated a bright blue glow, eyes that looked like a monster had found its prey, and the Gluttony Ghost thought that the prey was him. And the thought of it sent shivers down his spine and made his hands and knees tremble. Because of intimidation, the Gluttony Ghost immediately went out of Yuan's body, and Yuan's body dropped straight to the floor, his eyes closing calmly as if he were falling into a deep sleep.

The bright green wisp of the Gluttony Ghost slowly expanded, molding itself into its original form until a tall, muscular man materialized on the bright green wisp. His skin was pale white, a color of the dead, and his eyes were a mixture of black and violet, like deadly poison.

His violet robes were filled with symmetric and tribal designs, with silver accessories on his chest and also on his head. Overall, the appearance of the Gluttony Ghost, who was supposed to be overweight or big, was that of a decent, handsome-looking man.

 Overall, the appearance of the Gluttony Ghost, who was supposed to be overweight or big, was that of a decent, handsome-looking man

Gluttony Ghost

The full, pouty lips of the Gluttony ghost curled to a smile as he spoke, Bright green demonic qi was flowing out of his body, "Ha! Do you think I'm threatened by you?! After I finish you, I'm also going to kill this beauty right here."

With a loud bam, two blades of ice came rushing in the gluttony ghost's direction. The pale, big hands of the gluttony ghost immediately turned into a claw filled with flaming bright green fire, slashing the blades of ice into half with his sharp claw, but his fingers were cut instead because of the blades' sturdiness.