C H A P T E R 1 5

— • —

Chapter 15

Loud cheers filled the whole arena of the floating palace, and the fifty thousand cultivators with their Peaks and Sect Masters were getting ready for the first round. The disciples were filled with motivation in their eyes, hoping for a little bit of strength to come and for the confidence to envelop their entire bodies. Everyone was overwhelmed and excited, except for one person.

Lian Ren stared down at the marble floor of the arena stage with a straight expression. His hands were crossed, and his lips were slightly pursed as he stared down at the cultivators, who were filled with adrenaline rushes in their bodies. He knew that the Rising Star Cultivation Battle was no big deal; he had once attended it in his past life, also looking like those cultivators whose eyes were beaming with excitement and motivation, but in the end, it was just a temporary pleasure. There was nothing special about rising the ranks.

More importantly, the prices are very high. Who randomly gives very important items to random cultivators? Holy weapon....... Heavenly beasts..... It's very suspicious. Lian Ren was taken aback when he noticed that Shao Ling was slightly wriggling in his seat. Since Lian Ren was facing Shao Ling's back and the back of the chair was covering his face and body, he didn't have a clue what was going on.

Curious about the situation, Lian Ren subconsciously took a step forward, until he couldn't help but eventually walk in Shao Ling's direction and lower his gaze to him. Lian Ren's eyes were slightly raised at what he saw. Shao Ling's thick and neat brows were frowning as he stared down at the hem of his white and blue robes that were stuck on the edge of the chair. His long and slender hands were trying to pull the hem of his robes, but he was slightly hesitant because the fabric of the robe would rip.

Lian Ren's mouth twitched he didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but he crouched down and helped Shao Ling by carefully loosening the edge of the chair and pulling out the stuck fabric. After pulling the fabric out, Lian Ren lightly tapped the loosened chair. Blue spiritual qi was compressing at the tips of his fingers and shifting all over the feet of the chair to cover the loosened edges with ice. Lian Ren stood up and withdrew his hand, redirecting his gaze back at Shao Ling, who was looking at him with his brows arched.

"I don't need your help."

"............" I hate this side of him. Lian Ren's brows twitched as he tried to curve his lips into a smile and replied, "It just... Shizun is struggling, so this disciple came to help."

"Do you think I'm weak?" Shao Ling said with his brows still arched.

Yes. "No, this discipline wouldn't dare," Lian Ren answered with a smile.

Shao Ling frowned and took a glance at him before redirecting his gaze at the arena with a hint of anger on his face. "Nevermind. Go back to your place and focus on the competition."

Lian Ren went back to his place, with Jian Jie looking at him with a mocking smile on his face and Xin Mei leaning in his direction and whispering, "You shouldn't have helped Shizun!"

"Why?" Lian Ren asked in confusion. "I just noticed him struggling, so I thought he needed help."

Xin Mei winced at him and continued to whisper, "I don't know what happened, but Shizun was in a bad mood as soon as he woke up. Didn't you also notice since you and Shizun were in one pavilion last night?"