C H A P T E R 1 3

— • —

Chapter 13

As soon as the sun rose from the east, the Yun Sect became busy. Countless footsteps were heard all over the Great Hall of the Yun Sect. All of the Yun Sect's disciples, whether they were juniors or seniors, inner disciples or outer disciples, gathered at the Yun Sect Great Hall and stared at the gigantic gate of the Yun Sect. Some were still drowsy and trying to stay awake; some were thinking about something else inside their minds; some were calm and composed; and some were whispering to each other to satisfy their curiosity.

"Senior Brother Jian Jie is about to return, right?"

"Haven't you heard? Yun Sect Master appointed Senior Brother Jian Jie on a dangerous mission at the Fanghuan River because the water ghosts were shrinking countless boats that were trying to trade with the other empire."

"Yun Sect Master had to send Jian Jie himself because the emperor of the Wan Rong Empire personally complained to it about the issue."

"I heard that it took a few months because the demon gate was deep down the Fanghuan River."

"Senior Brother Jian Jie is amazing, isn't he?"

"As expected of Yun Sect Master's first disciple!"

"Are you sure that you'll leave Shizun in the Azure Lotus Pavilion?" Xin Mei asked Lian Ren as she mixed with the crowds in the Yun Sect Great Hall.

Lian Ren continued to walk while fixing the jade crown that was embedded in his high and neat ponytail, then answered, "I tried waking Shizun up, but he didn't respond to me, so I guess it must be because he's so tired from the mission. Just let him rest despite Jian Jie Shixiong returning to the mission."

( In case you guys don't know, shixiong in Chinese means Senior Brother. )

"But..." Xin Mei tried to search for other words, but realizing that she had nothing to say, she lowered her head and walked slower behind Lian Ren. Lian Ren shifted his gaze to her and his lips curled into a gentle smile, lowering his hand to pat Xin Mei's head as he spoke, "It'll be fine. I'm sure Jian Jie Shixiong will understand."

"DISCIPLE JIAN JIE HAS RETURNED!"

The gigantic silver gates of the Yun Sect were opened by two Yun Sect cultivators, and a man wearing a dirty white cloak that covered his entire body, especially his face, was walking forward into the Yun Sect Great Hall, followed by five cultivators behind them. They walk towards the Yun Sect Great Hall, filled with dignity and honor after successfully finishing the dangerous mission of the Fanghuan River, and the Yun Sect disciples who were waiting for their return welcome them with a round of applause and compliments.

"Senior Brother Jian Jie!"

"Welcome back!~"

"Congratulations on your victorious return!"

"Look, it's Senior Brother Jian Jie's subordinates that he established five years ago. The Orders!"

Lian Ren glowered at the five cultivators walking behind Jian Jie. His senior brother Jian Jie was Shao Ling's first disciple, and because of his achievements, the elders decided to give him permission to establish his group where he didn't need to go alone on missions anymore and also where Jian Jie could put them to good use on his mission.

However, Jian Jie was a man of integrity. He only picked five competent disciples from the Yun Sect and called them the Order because they could only accompany him once the order about the missions was announced. He treasured the members of the orders and treated them like his own young siblings.