C H A P T E R 3 8

— • —

Chapter 38

( The fck, it took me so long to finish the new blueprint. This story is back, guys. I'll finish this in no time.)

"Stop this, you insolent!"

The nine-tailed fox glanced at Shao Ling with an irritated glare. Shao Ling gritted his teeth, still protecting Lian Ren's unconscious body behind him. He can't act recklessly and attack the nine-tailed fox because the fox is a divine being. Although Shao Ling is a Master Cultivator, he is only a mere cat in front of a divine familiar that is a tiger. Shao Ling closed his eyes and bit his lip tighter when the nine-tailed fox responded with a mocking laugh.

"You foolish child. Don't you know what that boy has done to you?" Shao Ling frowned at what the nine-tailed fox said.

"He never did anything to me," Shao Ling replied with a face of bewilderment. "Although my disciple is a troublesome man, he is kind and barely obedient to me."

"Hahahahaha!" The nine-tailed fox laughed even more; his white, lifeless eyes were shrinking, embedded with an unknown sinister emotion. "That's because that boy reset everything!" The nine-tailed fox stared at Shao Ling with a half smile, his eyes filled with sadness and sympathy. "Poor thing, you get to live and love again. Yet you lived not knowing everything."

Shao Ling was slightly shaking, his brows knitted into a frown as he stood up, still protecting Lian Ren's unconscious body behind him. "What do you mean?"

The nine-tailed fox laughed hysterically and glanced at him. "Goodness, you and me are alike. We were used, we were loved, and in the end, we were thrown away."

"What?" Shao Ling didn't know what to say. "I don't know what you're talking about."

In the blink of an eye, the nine-tailed fox is already in front of him, caressing his cold cheeks as he heaves a breath. "Really. What a poor thing. Let me help you, yes. You'll understand once I show you, right?"

"What?" Shao Ling frowned even more. "What are you trying to show me?"

The tip of the nine-tailed fox's long and sharp nails penetrated through Shao Ling's forehead, and white spiritual power was released and rushed on Shao Ling's body as if it were forcing and sucking all of him. Shao Ling yelped in pain and tried to push the nine-tailed fox's chest, but the fox responded with a sweet chuckle, releasing more spiritual qi and forcing it inside Shao Ling's head.

"Shizun..."

Shao Ling gasped and paused. For some reason, the sound of kawing ravens and the rustling trees completely disappeared; he could only hear the voice of Lian Ren, gently calling him from behind. When Shao Ling redirected his eyes back to the fox, the fox had already disappeared, and he was suddenly in a dark and uncomfortable place.

"Where am I?" When Shao Ling tried to take a step forward, a sound of clacking metal echoed all over the dark room, and he felt something tied to his ankle—something cold and heavy, something uncomfortable.

When Shao Ling glanced down at his ankle, he saw a silver chain tied to it. He can feel a strong spell embedded in the chain that deactivates a cultivator's spiritual qi. Shao Ling was enraged; he tried to pull the chain out of his ankle as he groaned in pain. The more he pulls and struggles on it, the more the chain glows and burns his skin. "You filthy fox! Let me out! Release me! Give me back, Lian Ren!"