C H A P T E R 3

- • -

Chapter 3

Few dry leaves fell down on the ground with a gentle sway, a sign that it is already fall. The cozy weather made everyone wear another layer of robe to keep themselves warm as they stayed inside the Yun Sect while practicing hard for the incoming Rising Star Cultivation Battle. Lian Ren stared at the cloudy sky as he laid down under the tree, the cozy breeze doesn't seem to bother him because his attribute is originally ice. So the cozy weather doesn't affect him too much.

It's been already three days..... He won't even come out. Is he still alive inside that Pavilion? Lian Ren stared at the piece of dry leaf swaying side by side as it fell down straight on his face, he raised his hand and reach out to grab the fallen leaf and stared at it for a long time. After he escorted Shao Ling three days ago, his Shizun didn't went out of the Pavilion after that. And forbids anyone from coming inside of the Pavilion because of an unknown reason.

That unknown reason made him confused even more, Lian Ren scoffed and flicked the leaf on his hand and the leaf was blasted away with a faint blue spiritual qi covered on it. A figure of a woman was seen from his peripheral vision, walking straight on his way as she wears the gentle smile on her small face. Lian Ren shifted his gaze at him and his lips subconsciously curved into a smile, he stood up under the tree and rushed on Xin Mei's direction.

"Xin Mei Shijie. What are you doing here?" Lian Ren slightly bowed as a sign of a greeting as he asked.

"You know!~ This Shijie was ordered again!" Xin Mei said jokingly and spoke again, "But this time it's not Shizunz it's the Elders."

Lian Ren slightly frowned. He had known that this will happen eventually but he didn't expected it to happen earlier than usual, he placed his both hands on his back and nodded at Xin Mei with a smile. "I see. It's a mission, right Shijie?"

Xin Mei showed a face of astonishment and replied, "How did Lian Ren Shidi know? Did you went to the great hall earlier and talked to the Yun Sect Elders?"

I wouldn't dare. I won't be able to resist myself and kill them instantly. Lian Ren still showed his smile and shook his head with a response, "No, i didn't. Perhaps my guess is right?"

Xin Mei nodded and spoke, "Actually, yes it's a mission. Vicious ghost started appearing at the west side of the town, the Elders suspected that someone had opened a gate of the demon realm near the town and left it open after. I guess it must be one of the Seven deadly sins doing."

Lian let out a low hmm. "You mean the Gluttony Ghost? He is quite troublesome and loves to meddle in mortal realm and heaven realm and likes to wreak havoc."

Xin Mei replied, "Yes, but the one who made the gate of the demon rea must be a cultivator from the righteous peaks or sects or from the demon cult so the Yun Sect Elders ordered us to investigate since we're Shizun's direct disciples."

Lian Ren raised his eyes, "How about Jian Jie shixiong?"

Xin Mei sighed and answered, "I guess he didn't tell you. He went back to his family because of some troublesome affairs and won't be able to be back for a while."

Lian Ren nodded, he wandered his eyes and his mouth became dry as he asked while thinking about that person. "And.....Shizun?"

Xin Mei stared at him for a while before answering, "Shizun won't be able to come with us." Lian Ren nodded again but his face showed a faint look of disappointment.