C H A P T E R 3 4

- • -

Chapter 34

It took a while for Lian Ren and Shao Ling to get Lim Yuan's consent to cross the barrier because of his condition. Lian Ren spent two months giving Lim Yuan his blood to expand Lim Yuan's meridians, then drank the Scarlet Rose Pill afterward. It was torture because the feeling of Lian Ren's blood filling the container was painful as if his very life force was slowly sucked out, then refilled again and again, while Shao Ling, on the other hand, locked himself inside the manor to cultivate. Ever since Shao Ling absorbed the pill that the Village Chief gave him, his meridians changed drastically; they became very wide, to the point that Shao Ling's full spiritual qi was now only half inside of him. It was as if his meridians were stretched to their core and expanded.

After Shao Ling woke up when the side effect happened at night two months ago, he didn't remember anything, and Lian Ren was relieved because of that. Lian Ren focused on cultivating his spiritual core with the help of the black fuball and the Yun Sect's manual. He was able to advance to the late stage of cultivation, which was close to the peak stage and the final stage where a cultivator would achieve immortality.

He was able to achieve the peak stage of cultivation in his demonic core, but that doesn't mean that he will also be at the peak stage of cultivation in his spiritual core. A cultivator must only focus on gathering in one core when he or she meditates. It could be meditating just the spiritual core the demonic core, or maybe both. However, cultivating two cores requires a lot of time, especially for people who don't have talent.

After giving Lim Yuan his blood, Lim Yuan also unseals Lian Ren's demonic core little by little. It took a lot of sessions to unseal Lian Ren's core because the barrier that Lian Ren made to seal his demonic core was very strong and sturdy. It could take up to thirty or forty years for an alchemist or any cultivator to unseal the demonic core, but it only took Lim Yuan two months to get Lian Ren's demonic core unsealed. On the day when Lian Ren and Shao Ling left Mount Hua Peak, Lim Yuan gave them consent to cross through the barrier. It was a jade stone with a peculiar shape, carved with certain symbols of gold. The jade stone radiates a strong spiritual qi, and Shao Ling believes that the spiritual qi comes from Lim Yuan.

When the morning came, it was already time for Shao Ling and Lian Ren to leave Mount Hua Peak. A few of Mount Hua Peak's disciples, Yin Meng and Lim Yuan, attended the two at the gate of the peak. There were souvenirs and food in a few bags, and a carriage was waiting for the two of them. Shao Ling, who was already in his Yun Sect robes, as well as Lian Ren, arrived at the gate. Shao Ling's relaxed expression immediately sharpened when he saw the bags of materials placed at the back of the carriage. He stared at it for a while, then glanced at Lim Yuan with his glaring eyes.

"Ah-Ling, don't get mad. Those souvenirs didn't come from me. They're from my disciples," Lim Yuan said with his eyes raised as a sigh of surrender.

Shao Ling glanced at Mount Hua Peak's disciples with a straight expression, making them nervous and intimidated to even move or speak. The Mount Hua Peak's disciples were about to regret that they put souvenirs in Shao Ling and Lian Ren's carriage when Shao Ling just let out a low "hmph" and then turned around with a swift of his sleeves, entering the carriage with a relaxed expression.

Lian Ren nodded at Lim Yuan as a sign of farewell, and Lim Yuan grinned and nodded back in response. Lian Ren then entered the carriage and sat on the chair in front of Shao Ling. When the massive gate opened, the sound of horse gallops resonated inside the carriage, followed by the carriage slowly moving. Shao Ling secretly looked back at the people in Mount Hua Peak from the back window and heaved a breath before glancing straight at the road once again.