C H A P T E R 3 3

— • —

Chapter 33

A heavy air started to surround Lim Yuan and Lian Ren. Lian Ren frowned in confusion. He pressed his lips together and stood still as he talked. "What do you mean war? A war will happen? When?" There were no memories of war in my past life. If everything changes as soon as I'm reborn, things could get out of hand. Will Shizun participate in that war? What if Shizun gets in danger? I can't let that happen.

"I don't even know when," Lim Yuan replied with a shrug. "It was just a hunch of mine. But I know that my hunch could never go wrong. I'm readying for the war, you see."

"Then who do you think will be the enemy?" Lian Ren asked. "You said that your hunch could never go wrong, right? Who do you think it will be?"

"Lim  Yuan stared at him with his lips showing a slight smile. It was as if he was getting amused by what was happening but also getting a little bit suspicious. "Who knows?" Lim Yuan replied. "It may be a war between righteous cultivators, or maybe a war where you get to fight the Demon King. If things get worse, both of them can happen. Either way, I have no idea what kind of war it will be, so it's better to get ready."

"Then..." Lian Ren stared down at his wrist, his other hand caressing his other palms, sliding it down on the veins on his wrists, then redirecting his gaze at Lim Yuan. "What should I do? What can I do to stop the war?"

Lim Yuan grinned even more. "Are you sure you can take it?"

"I can," Lian Ren immediately replied. If it's for Shizun, I will definitely...

"It hurts a lot." Lian Ren groaned in pain as he glanced down at the bandage on his right wrist. The Mount Hua Peak Master slit his wrist with a sharp dagger and got a lot of blood from him. What if he immediately dies if one of his veins is accidentally cut? What if he died from losing too much blood?

"Ha! Dying? You're a cultivator, you fool. Much more is that you're a demonic one. Don't go crying on losing this much blood and a deep cut."

"Tch." Lian Ren immediately frowned in irritation when he remembered what Lim Yuan said. His blood was placed in a potion container! And it was filled until the top of the bottle opened! Just thinking about it makes him dizzy and faint on the spot. Thankfully, Lim Yuan gave him a Scarlet Rose pill that is very effective in increasing blood and was able to adapt to any type of blood that a person possesses. With that pill, Lian Ren was able to regain just half of his blood and reduce his dizziness for a while.

Lian Ren stopped when he arrived in front of the manor where he and Shao Ling were going to stay. Lian Ren heaved a breath before pulling the gate open. He stepped inside the manor without a sound, but the creaking sound of the gate still resonated inside the quiet manor. Several lanterns were hanging on the three pavilions. Even though the manor only had three pavilions, the pavilions were large, especially the one in the center, which may be the main house of the manor. Near the second pavilion, there was a large pond with a plum blossom tree and a wooden bridge in the middle. There was also a small pavilion on the other side of the Manor Pass through the bridge, where people could appreciate the view of the mountains with the pond below them.

Lian Ren walked straight to the center pavilion and stood properly in front of the wooden double door, then knocked twice, "Shizun? It's me, Lian Ren." There was no response.

Lian Ren waited for a while because Shao Ling must've been doing something. But after a long while, he decided to push the door open, making a creaking sound as he went in. Two lanterns were illuminating the whole pavilion, one in the other room and the other in the much smaller room, where Lian Ren believed that it was the bedroom. The living room was quite large, decorated with furniture made of pure bamboo and porcelain vases and statues placed on the small tables and shelves.