C H A P T E R 4 1

— • —

Chapter 41

So much time has passed since Lian Ren and Shao Ling disappeared since the Rising Star Cultivation Battle in the floating palace. The Yun Sect may seem stable in the eyes of outsiders, but they are chaotic and on the verge of going crazy.

A loud slam on the wooden table was heard in the Yun Sect Main Hall. "Enough of this, Elders! How long are you planning us to wait?!" It was Jian Jie, his soft and handsome appearance looking furious, knitting his brows deeply and his fist clenching tightly.

The Yun Sect Elders could only avert their gaze from Shao Ling's direct disciple. But one of the Elders replied in an offended tone, "Jian Jie, you must show respect to your Elders! And for you to know, we've done everything we can to find Lian Ren and Shao Ling!"

"Yes, that's right!" The other elders agreed with the old man.

Jian Jie only responded with a scowl: "You old geezers spat nothing but lies. You've done nothing but sit in your jade chairs and drink tea as you laugh, while my Shizun is out there! Abducted by a demon and suffering!"

Xin Mei, who was behind Jian Jie, felt that she had to stop her senior brother from snapping. "Jian Jie Shixiong, please calm down. I'm sure we'll find Shizun in no time. With Shizun's strength, I'm sure he'll be safe with Lian Ren Shidi."

( "Shixiong" means Senior Brother, and "Shidi" means Junior Brother. )

"Tch." Jian Jie had no choice but to do as his junior sister. He also felt that it was no use talking to the old geezers of the sect, who do nothing but drink tea leisurely while the Yun Sect Master is missing.

Shao Ling's direct disciples left the main hall with sullen faces. After the echoes of footsteps completely disappeared, the elders glanced at each other with meaningful gazes, until a black fog materialized at the center of the marble floor of the main hall and a woman in a black cloak appeared, filled with sinister energy around her body.

The woman's glowing, blood-red eyes were the only thing that could be seen. She glanced left and right at the terrified Elders and spoke in a sharp voice, "Yun Sect Elders, His Majesty has called for all of you."

"For what?" one of the elders courageously replied, despite his face turning blue to green from the terror.

The blood-red eyes of the unidentified woman glowed even more. Dark, sinister energy started to spread around the floors of the main hall as she calmly replied, "Do lowly subordinates need to have reasons to be called by His Majesty?"

"No, of course not!" The other elder politely replied as he slapped the mouth of his comrade.

The woman let out a low humph and turned around with a wave of her black cloak. "If so, then hurry. His Majesty doesn't like waiting."

"Shizun, maybe we should stop and rest by that small hut," Lian Ren said in a soft, gentle tone as he pointed at the small wooden hut five miles away from them. The hut was full of holes, and the door was slightly crooked, but the hut was still accommodating amid a place that had nothing but plains and forest.

Shao Ling glanced at the small hut and pondered for a while. Later on, he replied in a straight tone, "We must come back to the sect as soon as possible."

"But Shizun..." Lian Ren glanced at the setting sun from the west and continued to speak, "It's getting dark soon. It'll be dangerous to go on considering that our spiritual energy isn't recovering yet." I just want to be with Shizun for a while.