C H A P T E R 1 6

— • —

Chapter 16

The competition continued, with only five hundred participants left. The ones who couldn't get to proceed to the second round already left the floating palace, and the ones who were still determined and wanted to see the competition out of curiosity stayed seated in their seats.

The five hundred participants were standing in the middle of the marble stage arena, wearing different clothes, different auras, and different sects and peaks. Their variation made them look special and mysterious as they stood on the stage.

Lian Ren was in a daze as he stared down at his palms. His thick and neat brows were knitted into a deep frown, while his thin lips were pressed tightly, lost in his thoughts. Impossible... How did I even get inside that easily? The barrier shouldn't be able to feel my demonic core because I sealed it, and I can't use my demonic qi for the time being after the mission because Shizun might get suspicious of me. How did I even get in?...

Lian Ren's left palm was unconsciously clenched as he heaved a heavy breath. I expected that I would struggle a little on the barrier and get knocked out as I walked, but the barrier just let me in. What is it? Which? Is it my spiritual qi?..... Or maybe the other one? Lian Ren frowned even more.

When he sealed his demonic core inside the Azure Lotus Pavilion while Shao Ling was asleep, he decided to also seal the black wisp that came from the unusual demonic manual. However, the black wisp didn't respond to him, and in the end, he wasn't able to seal it. Lian Ren thought it was no big deal since the black wisp was hibernating inside his body and its presence was close to being transparent.

"Shidi, why are you frowning so much? And what's the matter with your fist? Don't tell me you're going to punch someone."

Lian Ren was immediately taken aback. He shifted his gaze at Xin Mei and smiled at her as he replied, "No, Shijie. It's nothing."

Xin Mei nodded, but her face was looking unsure of his answer. "Are you sure, Shidi? Tell me when you feel like there's troubling you, okay?"

"Yes." Lian Ren nodded with a smile. When he shifted his gaze in Jian Jie's direction, Jian Jie was already staring at him with his eyes glowering in his direction. Lian Ren immediately averted his gaze in his direction and sighed. Ha... He's already suspicious of me...

"Xin Mei!"

"Aya! Sister Yin Meng!" Xin Mei waved happily at the woman who had just arrived.

Yin Meng
尹夢

The woman has porcelain white skin that slightly glistens when it comes into contact with the rays of the sun. Her face was molded into a sharp and slim shape, and her body was delicately slender. Her gray eyes were big and slightly slant, while her brows were slim and slick, her nose was long and pointed, and her red lips were fully curved and seductive. Her long, ebony black hair slightly rustled as she walked forward, and the golden accessories on her white and pink robe made a low, clinging sound as she went to pat Xin Mei's head.