T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Rose 🌹🌹

I was MISERABLE

Why you ask? 

Because I spent the last hour and a half with Prince Wáil talking my ear off with all his prestigious and oh so humble accomplishments. 

I was also quite grumpy with how much attention Grey was getting from all the beautiful Winter Fae who were fawning and giggling over him. 

There was one in particular that would pass him ever five minutes, wink at him, and then nodded not so subtly towards the balcony door Grey and I exited out of earlier. 

I scowled when Wáil once again told me the story about how he defeated an Ice Dragon with only his family's ancient sword, a lighter, and a map. 

"If you'd excuse me," I gritted my teeth when the hussy gave up her coy act and touched Grey's arm directly "I must discuss something with Lord Dahl." 

"Of course your Highness" Wáil nodded his head and bowed with a flourish "Shall I fetch you when you are finished?" 

"I'll find you." I said gently, annoyed at his clinginess. 

I was marching elegantly towards Greyson and the hussy when a mocha arm caught my wrist. 

Wynter gave me a controlled smile, interlocking our arms together and leading us away from my Mate. 

"What are you doing?" I hissed "I need to get my Mate away from her!" 

"Willa's harmless" she dismissed my words "She works these parties because she believes her unsuspecting victims will pay her more." 

My mouth dropped open "She's a prostitute?" 

"That words so dirty" Wynter wrinkled her nose "We like to call them courtesans." 

I dragged my feet, my glass heels clacking on the marble floor loudly "And you expect me to leave him to her?" 

"He loves you right?" she asked "If he loves you, he won't fall for her tricks." 

"She's fae!" I hissed "And he's a wolf. I don't know what she could do to seduce him!" 

"If she is trying to seduce him with tricks" She glanced over her shoulder "He isn't falling for them." 

I looked over my shoulder and found the hussy, with her boobs pushed sky high, rubbing against him and petting his arm. 

I smiled like a lunatic when I saw him trying to pry her claws off him with a panic looked on her face.