T H I R T Y - T W O

UNKNOWN POV

The doors to my study banged open and my advisor, who was just briefing me on the newest information collected from our Fae informant, jumped up in outrage. 

"GUARDS!" he roared "GUARDS!" 

I held up my hand, silencing his amusing outcry, before turning my head toward the person who dared to interrupt me. 

"We have to attack now!" He said, pacing my study and pulling at his hair "Their bond is growing stronger by the minute! I can feel it! I'm losing her!" 

I stood from my throne, gracefully avoiding the splintered wood from my now destroyed door. 

I cupped my toy's face and whispered encouraging words, infused with some of my magic, into his ear. 

His eyes dilated and I watched as my wispy dark magic take effect and dulling his senses into a state of serenity. 

"Be patient my love," I kissed his temple "All is as it should be right now. We need the bond to strengthen to it's maximum capacity before it can come down crumbling down with no chance of repair."

"I'm losing her" he wailed softly "Look! It's fading!" 

I looked at the Maroon tattoo and saw that it was, indeed, fading faster than I anticipated. 

"No worries" I cooed, waving my hand over his markings and watching the ink revitalize "She is still yours." 

"For now" he said dejectedly"But for how long?" 

"For as long as your heart desires" I kissed his lips and he sighed softly, wrapping his arms around my waist in a tight hold "Now go to bed and rest. Everything is going as planned." 

He followed my orders with sluggish movements, no doubt feelings the effects of both my command as well as my magic. 

My advisor gave me a sour look and I rolled my eyes. 

"What?" 

"How long will you keep playing with the boy?" he asked, his voice coated with disgust "Why don't you just kill him already? We both know he's not giving you what you need." 

He gave me a pointed look and I let out a small laugh. 

"Jealous Henrik?" I asked my advisor, and former lover, with a small smirk tilting my lips. 

"Of the boy?" Henrik guffawed "Please." 

"He is not a boy" I tsked "He is a man." 

"Also a sliver of your age" Henrik muttered so low, he probably thought I couldn't hear him. 

I did, but chose to ignore it. 

"You know why we need him Henrik" I said, picking up my goblet and sipping my wine "He is an integral part to our plan." 

"Do you really think the girl would choose him? Henrik asked, giving me a look of doubt "Over her own Mate?" 

"The girl" I sneered "Would do anything to keep her Mate happy. Even if it means sacrificing her own happiness in order to keep the two brothers from killing each other." 

I played with the lip of my goblet and smiled. 

"Oh how wonderful it will be to watch her precious life crumble right out from under her." I sighed dreamily "If only we could prolong the moment." 

"So I take it you want phase two activated?" Henrik asked. 

I smiled, depositing my wine down on the edge of my desk, and straddling my body over Henrik's thick thighs. 

His cheeks flushed and he leaned back, allowing me enough room to do as I pleased. 

I bit his neck and he groaned softly. 

"I want phase two and three activated immediately" I murmured, kissing his lips "But only when they take their Tour of the four provinces. Dahl is too cautious to let anything happen under his watchful eye at the Castle." 

Henrik hummed his agreement and I smiled at my fool proof plan. 

The girl, the bane of my existence, was finally going to get what she deserved after all these years. 

A life full of torture

Misery. 

Loneliness

And the fear that no matter where she goes, where she hides, the pain of losing everything that has ever meant anything to her will follow her around like a dark cloud, just like it has done to me, even after all these years.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW POV WOLFIES!

WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS? 

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY'RE AFTER ROSE? 

HOW ABOUT POOR GARRETT! DO YOU THINK THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT FOR CRUSHING ON HIS BROTHER'S MATE OR NAH? 

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! 

COMMENT! VOTE! LET ME HEAR YOUR THEORIES!