F O R T Y

ROSE 

"I thought your brother was the Alpha?" I gaped at him "And that you were his second-in-command." 

"By choice" he said softly "My brother was made the Alpha of our Pack because he's the oldest and has the Alpha Gene. I was made his Beta not only because he thought I deserved it, which I did, but also because I was the only one of my other brothers that held that gene too." 

Another howl. 

"Baby I need you to do as I say this one time" he pleaded with me "Because once I draw them away from you, you only have a limited amount of time to escape." 

"Grey..." 

"Go Princess" he nudged me forward "I'll catch up with you when I'm finished with them." 

"Grey..." I tried to plead with him but he only grabbed the back of my head, pulled me closer, and gave me a bruising kiss that made my whole body tingle. 

Then he was gone. 

"Damn you Greyson William Green!" I muttered under my breath, trekking forward and cursing him out "You're so on my hit list for that little stunt!"  

I was about to turn left in this maze when a low whimper caught my attention. 

I paused and followed whimpering sound coming from my right. 

"Weylyn?" I asked in shock as I saw his little body crumpled in a fetal position underneath the tall head "What are you doing down there?" 

"Lady Wynter transported me here with her powers" he whimpered, cowering closer to the floor "She told me to hide and if I had the chance, to run as fast as I could away from the castle." 

I bent down and picked him up, holding him close to my side "I'm going to get you out of here Weylyn." 

He tucked closer into my side, holding tightly onto my dress, shaking like a leaf as the screams from the Winter Castle rose in tempo. 

 "There were so many of them" He whispered "They just flooded in from everywhere." 

"Of who?" I ran my fingers through his hair in a calming gesture as I hurried our pace. 

"The Wolves" he shivered "And the bad faeries." 

"The bad faeries?" I asked slightly louder, trying to drown out the terrifying screams of fae and chilling snarls of Wolves. 

Greyson

My jumped into my stomach at the thought of my Mate fighting those terrible feral creatures, creatures that even a Wolf like him couldn't handle by himself.