T E N

Greyson

I let the cool water run down my back as I thought about what just happened outside. 

 Could it be that she was only pretending to hate me?

I grinned a goofy grin

  Could it be that easy?  

A shout brought me out of my internal musings. 

"Hey Green!" One of my teammates shouted "Your Girlfriend wants to see you!" 

I quickly shut off the water and threw my clothes on before running to the locker room door. 

When I saw who was standing there, I wrinkled my nose in distaste. 

Instead of Rose, who I was hoping would be standing there, I was met with the blushing blonde school Reporter Amber. 

 The girl who interviewed me yesterday for the school newspaper.

"Hey Amber, What's up?" 

"I was thinking, maybe, after you've finished with Soccer we could get a quick bite to eat?" she batted her eyelashes at me. 

"Uh...Sorry but I have plans" I said before turning back into the locker room. 

She grabbed my arm "That's okay! How about tomorrow?" 

"Sorry, can't" I detached myself from her claws "Really Busy" 

"Okay than..." She pouted "When are you free?" 

"Never" I sighed "Look, Amber. You're a nice girl and all but, I'm just not interested" 

"But, I thought since we talk..." she trailed off 

I held out three fingers "We talked three times and two of those times had to do about the school paper" 

"But..." She sputtered for a minute before turning red and stomping away.

"I think you got one to many hits to the head Hanson" I yelled back "Because that wasn't my girlfriend" 

"Harsh Green" Hanson yelled back "You couldn't have let her down nicely?"

"At least I let them down in person" I rolled my eyes "How many times have you had to repaint your car because of your stupid break-up texts? Six, No!, Seven times?"  

He flipped me off 

A group of guys snickered "Are you sure she's not your girlfriend? Because that's not what her or any other chick is saying these days"